Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Sawmills and accessorys

BarG

Founding Member
Sky chaser, since last we talked I added winches on both ends of my mill to take some of the manual labor out of the equation. I can stand back and push a button to move my mill head. I'll try to upload a video.

BarG

Founding Member
Skychaser, I added winches at both ends of my mill. I don't have to push or pull anymore., I got lazy in my old age. 1 marine battery and to winches with a double line to pull so the speed was right for my horse power., Saves me a ton of labor, a remote switch so you can move around while you're cutting. All I needed was to be having to fight it to say, there's an easier way. I did 32 logs, for a guy for me getting half, I got a neighbor that has 75 for me all mine, just need to cut em down, a mile away.

BarG

Founding Member
Skychaser, I'll send you a picture of my winches to pull My Mill head. Just a little welding and bolting, and a good marine battery. Saves me a ton of backache.

MountainWard

I bought a Hudson 18 inch 10hp electric bandmill in 2012. It has been a great deal of fun and I have cut an amazing amount of wood with it. I poured a 24 foot concrete pad for my mill and built an 8 x 30 wood deck beside it using the last bay of my shop. I then built a frame and mounted garage door rails on the bottom side so that I could lift logs from the deck pile or from a trailer and just roll them in over the mill and set them in place.

mill 1.jpg
Mill 2.jpg
mill 6.jpg
mill 44.jpg