Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

springheals progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

springheal

Topped 2 of the 3 plants in their pots this evening. Each had 1 flower that opened and the buds had forked out a lot. I was surprised how strong they were to snap and when it snapped, I was concerned the whole lot had snapped off. Hanging on by a bit more than a thread though. I can already see active suckers lengthening. Tomorrow I will remove them all except the highest one and expect that top sucker to take off now that I have topped them.

workhorse_01

I now control my humidity (a pan of water with a humidifier pad) by if the hum. is to high I take the pan out if too low I slide it closer to the air stream. All that matters is leaf yellows faster, and cures faster.

springheal

those one's in pots are yellowing up nicely
Mmmmm whats left of the leaf!

Tomorrow I will have a look around the base of the plants in the garden as there is yellow and brown leaf in places.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Every time I have seen Don post on yellow leaves, he has recommended trying some Epson Salts in case there is a magnesium deficiency.

springheal

Every time I have seen Don post on yellow leaves, he has recommended trying some Epson Salts in case there is a magnesium deficiency.

Nah, it's all good here.

I've been busy of late so now pic time:D

I was thinking about creating more hanging space and presently, the humidity is too low. In storage was an old fashion wooden extension ladder which is probably too dangerous to use anymore. The idea is to have leaf hanging close to the grass and I can wet the grass to increase the humidity as required. Nothing fancy but should do the trick:

Posting pics appears to be a no go. FTT still having issues?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Picture size must be 800x500 pixels or less. (something like that, pretty sure the long side max. is 800)

springheal

No dice uploading. Picture size is not my issue as you will notice all previous uploads have the date stamp on the picture. That confirms that I am using the smallest (postcard=lowest possible pixels) size possible with camera and no resizing is ever required for emailing or posting on the web. ALL pictures are in "KB's" NOT MB's. Only time resizing is required is when I wish to upload a video which is obviously required.

Just when I had the time to do my 3 month update since planting. Oh well, back to doing other things. Have been snapping heaps of flower heads which I started doing a couple of weeks ago. Looks like the first major harvest is less than a week away now. The last few days I have been organising more hanging space for the leaves. The 3 in the pots near the water feature I have stalk harvested with 1 sucker ready to move on each plant.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
What happens? Do you get any kind of error message? Are you uploading through the "tree in a picture frame" (insert image) link in the message box?

I just had to start downsizing the picture a lot more than I used to after the last forum change. But, it always gave me an error message about picture size. If you haven't uploaded pictures since then, picture size might still be the issue. You could try going to photobucket and reducing the size before uploading here.

DGBAMA posted a free app. he added to his phone to resize his pictures. I'll see if I can locate the post.

EDIT: here's the thread: http://www.fairtradetobacco.com/showthread.php?3422-Picture-sizing-on-new-whatever

springheal

Yes yes and yes. Nothing has changed:)

The site has definitely changed since the server issue we had prior. Todd emailed me his and DGBAMA's problems and are now using the application Image shrink, some using photo bucket. In the old days I was constantly using resizing applications for photos and have not had to use any application again for years. Call me old fashioned but I'm not about to go through the process again and jump through obstacles just to make a post with pictures. Site should be advancing with technology, not reversing the trend by going backwards.

That concludes "springheals progress" with pictures. Thanks for the ride guys n girls and thanks very much for all your help knucks.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.