Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Suckers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wra1971

I have one plant it is a samsun variety, started to sucker...my thought is ...leave it to sucker since i want to save seeds as well, plus this one plant seems to be stunted in its growth...none of the other plants have suckered yet...thoughts..i know the strongest plant is prolly best for future growing..but hey im not a professional grower or growing for profit....????

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
If the plant is stunted and you save the seeds you are selecting traits that are not desirable. By saving seeds from this plant you are selecting for the traits "stunted" and "early suckering". You should save seeds from the traits you want to see in a plant such as disease/insect resistance, lack of suckering, early/late bloom etc.

Wra1971

If the plant is stunted and you save the seeds you are selecting traits that are not desirable. By saving seeds from this plant you are selecting for the traits "stunted" and "early suckering". You should save seeds from the traits you want to see in a plant such as disease/insect resistance, lack of suckering, early/late bloom etc.
True for both posts guess i was just being lazy...want something good might as well put the work into it as well...thanks guys for the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.