Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Suggestions for full Dominican Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobGuy

Hey guys ... I grabbed a pound each of the Dominican Piloto Cubano Viso, Seco and Ligero and chose an Indonesian Besuki wrapper / binder.

This will be my first time with these all together and wondered what ratios you might suggest.

Also, the Besuki can go binder or wrapper or both ... suggestions regarding that would be appreciated.

Thanks and Have a Great Day!

ArizonaDave

Hey guys ... I grabbed a pound each of the Dominican Piloto Cubano Viso, Seco and Ligero and chose an Indonesian Besuki wrapper / binder.

This will be my first time with these all together and wondered what ratios you might suggest.

Also, the Besuki can go binder or wrapper or both ... suggestions regarding that would be appreciated.

Thanks and Have a Great Day!

It depends on your personal strength preference, and what size cigar you'll be rolling? If Churchill, maybe start with 3 leaves seco, 2 viso, and one liguero. You have to remember, WLT tobaccos are potent. Even using a full seco blend might be medium.

CobGuy

It depends on your personal strength preference, and what size cigar you'll be rolling?

Mostly Robusto / Toro and I like a full-flavored cigar ... some cocoa, dark fruit and spice in the profile is always welcome.
In fact, I'm kind of going for a Cohiba Red Dot profile.

WLT tobaccos are potent. Even using a full seco blend might be medium.

So true! I smoked a short-filler Gordo the other day that was Corojo Viso and Dominican Seco in a Dom binder (no wrapper) ... POW!! :p

Thanks for the feedback and take care!

CobGuy

May I suggest getting some Mata Fina or Nicaraguan to add to the flavor profile.

Certainly! This particular round, however, I was hoping to go full Dominican.

If it's not as tasty as I'd hoped, I'll order some Mata Fina to go in the mix. Thanks!

CobGuy

The Dominican Piloto Cubano arrived and I had asked for a small sample of Fronto.

As you can see, I received 3 of the Fronto and one Grabba ... THANKS!!

16%2B-%2B1

Also ... the Besuki Wrappers looked quite impressive. Great milk chocolate color and a nice leathery, aged look:

16%2B-%2B1

Status
Not open for further replies.