Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

tasty dominican bind& besuki wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekylnz

DSC_0499.jpgIv finally been able to have a taste of some decent home rolled stoggies..thanks to Sean(the good man he is)sending me a couple of Dominican seco binder leaves and besuki wrapper leaves to put some of my Havana filler in.
So much more depth and flavor.aroma etc.tried some Maryland 609 binder in some to.not to bad at all.It's so good to be able to mix things up abit ..so thanks again Sean & also don for the pleasure to try some fire cured and Maryland (& the rest)in some cigars.cheers guys.

Last edited:

BarG

Founding Member
Those look nice. I am still hooked on the Bezuki and have been smoking 1 or 2 every day. I am now also hooked on the Capote binder. I have to roll it a bit smaller as I roll my cigars using a single wrapper 9 times out of ten, but the flavor is fantastic. I have been saving the bezuki,Capote scraps and mixing with my black cavindish for the pipe. Its a pretty good nic kick.

BarG

Founding Member
What's that? Where does it come from?

Bob

Don sent me a sample of some Capote Sumatra binder with my last lb. of Bezuki. I think you would appreciate it Bob. I will order some more when this runs out. It is a very similar looking leaf to Bezuki with a redder tint. I can't describe the taste.

jekylnz

Those look nice. I am still hooked on the Bezuki and have been smoking 1 or 2 every day. I am now also hooked on the Capote binder. I have to roll it a bit smaller as I roll my cigars using a single wrapper 9 times out of ten, but the flavor is fantastic. I have been saving the bezuki,Capote scraps and mixing with my black cavindish for the pipe. Its a pretty good nic kick.

So do u still prefer besuki to the sumatra ??a lot of people I heard don't even bother wrapping if they're everyday cigar smokers

BarG

Founding Member
They are both Real good. They are both durable and burn and taste great. The Capote comes frogged and is a slightly different shape than the Bezuki, and flavor. Side by side its hard to differentiate the two. More by color than texture. I have some upper leaves of the bezuki that look even closer to the Capote.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Don sent me a sample of some Capote Sumatra binder with my last lb. of Bezuki. I think you would appreciate it Bob. I will order some more when this runs out. It is a very similar looking leaf to Bezuki with a redder tint. I can't describe the taste.
In this context, "capote" simply means "binder." Capote Sumatra is Sumatra binder.

Here is a discussion of binder properties: http://www.cigarjournal.co/index.php/us/back-issues/642-ausgabe42011

Bob

BarG

Founding Member
Interesting, Thanks for clearing that up. I'm curious now on the variety of Sumatra that was used. Don said the Bezuki was 2005 I recall, the Sumatra binder seems well aged and fermented as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.