Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tech 1 $90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikfits

Here's an antique tobacco shredder for those interested in antiques.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Tob.../201030643133?pt=Folk_Art&hash=item2ece5c2dbd

$_57.JPG

Nikfits

I wish there were a way to re-size that. Sorry for it being so big.

Nikfits

Yeah, I'm sure your right about that. If I would have looked a little closer, I see there are a number of these on Ebay.

But I did see something else that looked like it might be of interest. It's an older Tech 1 grinder. I do see what you mean on the price of the grinder you posted. Here's the other one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Tec...425?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e86f7db91

I don't know much about the quality of different grinders. New to this.

Hopefully the one you posted comes back up and you can grab it. Good luck...

BKtx

How do those tech 1 shredders work? I'm now using one of the hand crank fine cut shredders from Portugal. It works really well but, I think it may shred a bit to thin. If I make my smokes the night before I smoke them they dry out by noon.

holyRYO

What shredder from Portugal? Did not know there is such thing as too fine, shag cut is best for cigs imo, does dry out fast though. Try storing them in an air tight container? Start with moister tobacco in anticipation?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
My Teck 1 came in today. I'll post pictures later. Except for chipped paint, all working parts appear brand new. The blades still have the original grind to the blades, have not been sharpened, and are still super sharp. I can see no sign of use anywhere, except for the chipped paint and that could have been done while it was stored on a shelf or something. About $90.00 incl. the shipping cost. I'm very pleased with and very grateful to Woodsroad for posting the link.

It was manufactured sometime after WWII as there is a tag saying made in W. Germany.

Knucklehead

Founding Member

BKtx

What shredder from Portugal? Did not know there is such thing as too fine, shag cut is best for cigs imo, does dry out fast though. Try storing them in an air tight container? Start with moister tobacco in anticipation?

I got my fine cut from another leaf site,but you can get them on eBay. eBay search tobacco shredders , won't take long to find one from/made in Portugal. Sorry not sure how to post a link.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I got my fine cut from another leaf site,but you can get them on eBay. eBay search tobacco shredders , won't take long to find one from/made in Portugal. Sorry not sure how to post a link.

This is the 0.8 x 80 cut, they also sell the 1.0 x 80 cut. http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-8-x-80mm-...416?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8e3012f0

To post a link from another website, right click the address in the browsers address window, select Copy, then come back to your message, right click where you want the link to appear, then select Paste.

BKtx

Thanks Knucklehead, that's it. I just saw the thread where Don is trying to get some of these for WLT. Mine has proven to be well worth the money. I'm casing my tobacco with Dons casing, storing it in sealed containers with water pillows and it's perfect when I stuff 'em. I use the Revenge tins to carry my daily ration. If I make my smokes early in the morning they're fine most days. Of course the humidity 'round here is really low, dryer than a popcorn fart. Dam this drought in West Texas has got to end,that's the main reason I'm holding out on my first grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.