Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The death of a supreme justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I've heard no-one mention this.

But you think the guy could have been assassinated?

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Sorry but. I don't know what you speaking about.. Can you explain for a stupid Swedish guy like me??

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
It's definitely going to have theories, conspiracy and otherwise cropping up.

What I read was: pronounced dead by a non physician over the phone, no autopsy, immediately embalmed. Could have been assassinated, would be good timing if so. Could have been an accident with a hooker and a belt around his neck too and it was a cover up in that direction. I don't know.

Be interesting to see what unfolds though. Keep your powder dry;)

DGBAMA

At his age, natural causes is very likely. However there are some definitely questionable circumstances.

Hillary has already said she would like Obama on the court. Space opens, Republicans block Obama's nomination Hillary is elected, nominates Obama......

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Well..trump is going to proablly be our next pres.

Shit if he's on the ballot..I'll vote.for.him we need a radical.
To do what needs to be done..political correctness is killing us.
Court marshalling our soldiers for doing " the job" in a urban warfare scenario is just stupid in my eyes.

We should bomb the middle East to the dark ages and be done.

DGBAMA

I'm not sure yet, but I do like that he unabashedly speaks his mind, for better or worse and without regard to politics. What people don't get is all politicians harbor the same feelings, they are just too worried about the vote to say what they really think.

Some will say he is just running to further his Billionaire ego, but if that is the case, if elected, that same ego will force him to do the best he possibly can for the country.....after all, what egomaniac would ever be able to accept being considered a failure....

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It's getting to a point where I'm already sick of all of them...on both sides. Carson and Kasich seem to be the most rational of the bunch, but that doesn't make news, so neither will likely go anywhere.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Bread and circuses, another super bowl. If we're going to repeat Rome I say bring out the coliseum again and get it on, stop all these half measures and just give the masses the blood they apparently want.

Just stay out of my life.

I agree with that last post about Trump, his ego won't get him in just to go play golf. His ego will make him perform. And if he does even half of what he says I'll be happy.

I'm sick of this nation's slow suicide.

Delete this if I crossed the line and got too political

metalbone

We should bomb the middle East to the dark ages and be done.

Let's see, Iraq (1x via Kuwait, 2x via Bagdad), Afghanistan, Syria by proxy, Yemin by proxy, Libya by proxy...we are probably about 1/5 of the way there, and at the going rate, give it another 30-40 years or so...these things just take time...

Plus, the mid east has no clear boundaries around the central core...george jr put pakistan on the back-to-the-stone-age list a few years back...regardless of the mid east boundaries, you'll probably see some version of of your desired outcome in due time...

DIY Pete

It's not uncommon for a man in his advanced years to pass in his sleep after a day of exertion. I don't hold with the tin foil hat crowd:cool: but I fear for the Heller decision and what this could mean to those of us that enjoy shooting.

BHO as a SC justice is insanely scary given his blatant disdain for the Constitution.

Pete

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Justices should decide cases based on what is in the Constitution, not what their person bias would like to see there. They should not legislate from the bench as some of these radicals have been doing. Congress should make the laws and the court decide cases based on those laws. The President should uphold the laws on the books, not ignore them or bypass Congress to make his own laws through Executive Action. There should also be terms limits for Congress. The phrase "career politicians" has no place in our society. In the early days of our Republic, a man was disqualified if he campaigned for office. It was a clear sign he wanted the office for the wrong reasons. Look at the money being spent now on elections, provided by special interests, radicals, and billionaires so the winner will owe them. We need to get that money out of the election process while we still have a democracy.

Justice Scalia was a great Constitutional justice. It pisses me off to hear him referred to as a Conservative justice. That is a disparagement upon the man and his legacy. He defended gun rights more because it is guaranteed by the Second amendment than because he was a hunter himself. He was one of few justices in our history who stuck strictly to the Constitution. That is the job of all of them and if they would all do that the system would work like was meant to. Obama has already nominated two Justices that try to legislate from the bench rather than from what is in the Constitution. That is the only concern I have with him making this next selection. If he can't do the right thing and nominate a Constitutional Justice, then he deserves to be blocked until the next President is sworn in.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
It's getting to a point where I'm already sick of all of them...on both sides. Carson and Kasich seem to be the most rational of the bunch, but that doesn't make news, so neither will likely go anywhere.

I really like Kasich also but I don't think he is going to have the support. A Governor is going to have the needed job experience more so than a Senator. A Governor has already worked with a legislature, a budget, the military in the form of the National Guard, administrative duties, health care, state welfare, etc. A Senator has done none of that. They just get in a room and argue and make speeches, most of those to hear themselves talk.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Voters ourselves need to wake up and realize we are not electing a king, emperor or ruler. We have to have a man that can work with both parties in Congress. All of these campaign speeches and promises won't amount to a hill of beans if he can't get his proposals past Congress. He has to negotiate and make compromises. The best King is not going to make a good president.

Status
Not open for further replies.