Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The Speed of Seed Sweepstake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markw

The Speed of the Seed Sweepstake
A fun little challenge to keep us amused for how long !who knows !!

I will calculate the total estimated journey mileage (As the crowflies) of the envelope from leaving Madhouse's Plantation, and the estimated mileage it will travel before it arrives back at his Ranch.
All you need to do is guess the average speed of the package over it's entire journey Link Below

Chinese Tobacco Whispers Thread
As of today the estimated trip mileage is 24003 miles start date and time to follow.

Example
If the seed packets estimated journey was 21000 miles from start to finish, and it took three weeks, to arrive back at Madhouse's plantation, then the average speed of the seed would be 41.66mph(Slower than Santa's Slay) (21000)/(21x24)

The Rules of this fun little competition are quite simple.

Any member can enter it, even the members who are taking part in the tobacco whispers

You are allowed only two guesses at the average speed of the seed packet over it's complete journey.

Your last guess must be made by the halfway point of the packets journey.

The halfway point will be the middle person in the chain.

Members joining the chain after it has commenced , their location and mileage will be added to the existing total.

All guesses of the final average speed are to be in miles perhour.

You will all be advised in this thread when the packet is nearing it's halfway point.

The Prize

The member who guesses nearest to the average speed when the packet arrives back at Bills ranch will win 10 packets of seed from Madhouse, and I will donate another 5 packets of true seed, this making a total of 15 packets of top quality seed to the lucky winner..

Good Luck Everyone
Please enter your guesses in this thread.

The Prize Seeds
NorthCaroline NC-82
BurleyTN 90
VirginiaBright Leaf
Perique
SmallStalk Black Mammoth
Maryland609
CheeryRed
HerzegovinaFlor
TurkishIzmir
Havana142

Huhutanago
MonteCalne Yellow
Sacred Cornplanter
LaPalma Havana
FloridaSumatra

madhouse

i would just like to thank MarkW for his time and effort in running this great little comp, please join in folks it's free you can win a nice little prize for next years growing season and it's the taking part that counts, it's a bit of fun and who can turn their nose up at a freebe, thanks again Markw.:cool:

Markw

Hi and thanks Dean for having the first guess, that could be a good call with Christmas coming up,I think it will be a bit faster so I am going for
18mph

Dean

I was figuring US to us is usually a month but UK to us is 2 weeks. Allowing for mishaps with missing the mail and Xmas.

good game.

cheers

madhouse

im going to go for 28.57 mph after much deliberation and a sore head trying to work it out :confused:

madhouse

And They're Off !

Ok folks i now have the address of the first member in the Chinese Tobacco Whispers chain and the package will be on its way first thing in the morning 30 Nov 13, so there up for grabs what ever happens, keep your speed of seed guess'es coming in and many thanks for taking part.

all the Best. :)
Bill.

Markw

Madhouse confirmed today that the seeds have started their journey.
Don't forget it is not to late to enter the Chinese Tobacco Whispers Contest.

Time posted 09.15 GMT 30th November 2013.

Starting Estimated Round Trip Mileage 24003.(this could change if others join the chain)

Guesses so far. for the average speed.
Dean 11 mph
Markw 18 mph
Colin 27 mph
Jakylnz 15 mph
Ricky60 20 mph
Madhouse 28.57
Deluxustogie Lost in Post
Grgfinney 13 mph
Chillardbee 24 mph
Brownthumb 0.09 mph

Remember you all have two guesses the last guess must be taken by the halfway point.
Note: If two members draw with the same mileage, it will go to a count-back, both mileage guesses will be added together and the one with the lowest number of miles wins the price.
Good luck everyone lets hope the seed gets round safely. I will keep you updated on the packets progress.

darren1979

First Time Grower
I'll guess at 1mph, haven't had to use the speed, time, distance triangle since school. Some things do come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.