catastrophic damage from Sea Rim State Park, Texas, to Intracoastal
City, Louisiana, including Calcasieu and Sabine Lakes. This surge
could penetrate up to 40 miles inland
from the immediate coastline,
and flood waters will not fully recede for several days after the
storm.

HurricaneSpeedChart.JPG

plantdude

@plantdude, let us know your status, when you are able.

Bob
Very wet;) lots of rain, lots of wind, lots of horizontal tobacco plants and the worst is not supposed to hit until this evening. Still have flickering power and Internet, which is amazing for out here, but I imagine that will be going out shortly.
On the plus side I don't need to water today, or tomorrow, or the day after....

plantdude

Now that's a positive attitude! Hang in there.
Might be hanging on to something soon, we already had one tornado miss town - I hate those things. Probably just the first of a few tornado sirens we have today.

Where's the fun without some pics though...
4 small baccy plants down
image.jpeg

Might have to go fishing in the neighbors yard
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Can't believe we still have power and Internet.

plantdude

Still have power and the worst is past, that's pretty impressive for out here. Had some weaker storms this spring that knocked the power out for four days straight. They must have fixed some things right last time.
Down to only another 3 inches of rain and 40 mph wind gusts forecast for the rest of the evening. Two tornados went slightly east of us, but there is not much out that direction so that's a good place for them - they can be wild and free in their natural habitat:rolleyes:

I might be speaking to soon, but the only thing I have to complain about is that I have a bit of yard work to do and my air conditioner finally died. The heat pump unit was slowly going out the last few days and finally gave up the ghost last night. The AC repair guy never made it out today, but I think he had a valid excuse:) On the plus side it's cooler out right now and the gale force winds are helping air out the house;)
We were only in the category 1 zone by the time it made it up here. I imagine the people in the cat 4 zone had a pretty bumpy ride. I went through two direct hits with hurricanes as a child growing up in Hawaii and they were by far worse than today.
Damn, going to have to paint that mailbox post after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.