Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What things/products safe for tobacco flavouring?

Magicflipper878

Good day!
Im from Europe, Hungary.
There is every flavoured cigarettes banned even the menthol too, among with aromatics which smelled like pipe tobacco. All banned before was legal to me to try these products.
Now i smoke Pueblo which is additive free, some times Manitou also additive free. But i've been thinking a lot about planting my own, because the companies add a terrible amount of poison to the others.
Anyway my question is, i just want to know what can i use which is able to buy commercially to flavour or make a good smell for tobacco and smoke (chasing/topping)? I dont know what can use, because i searched a lot and found one post which in the person said "do NOT use anis Oil...or god forbid wintergreen oil or other so called essential oils.msome will make you cough and some will kill you." But not tell why! Eternal mistake.
And found a book on Reddit and here http://www.leffingwell.com/download/TobaccoFlavorBook.pdf
In this book can found many oil, essential oil, extracts, and also found wintergreen oil.
How is this? Why he said that, and the book its opposite?
It's also a problem that if I search for anise for example, everything is there, oil, essence oil, aroma, candy oil, essential oil, etc. For 1$ to 50$.
As I read, food grade is good. Is anything food grade good? Is that the only good thing? How careful should I be?
In one sentence, what things/products safe to use for tobacco flavouring/aromatising?
I hope i get help from here, there is no one who can.
Thank you in advance!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I will use my "one sentence" to welcome you to the forum, and suggest you scan through our Index of Key Forum Threads for topics that may interest you.

Feel free to introduce yourself in our Introduce Yourself forum. In general, you can use any food-grade flavorants for tobacco. For example, the products at:

Bob

larryccf

wholeleaftobacco.com has some "casings" for sale, 3 or 4 varieties but i don't see what flavor they offer
tobaccoandmachines.com in poland, seems to have a pretty lengthy list of flavorings, including mentol https://www.tobaccoandmachines.com/index.php?s=produkty&id=131
on the left side of the page scroll down to the bottom to see the full list of their offerings. the last one listed, Glycol, is not really a flavoring, though it will give a chemically sweet aroma and taste to the
tobacco - but i wouldn't use it. Excessive use of it is harmful - the European Union forced Daughters and Ryan (D&R) to stop selling their tobacco in europe until they lowered the glycol content.

personally i haven't flavored my tobacco but one time - i added some lemon peel to the tobacco after it was shredded to add or enhance the citric fragence/flavor of the smoke
- but you can't leave the lemon peel in for more than a week or so as it will get moldy.

hope that helps some

Last edited:

Alpine

Welcome to FTT.
Let’s start from the beginning: the use of tobacco (in any form: chewed, smoked, sniffed etc) is NOT good for your health, and that’s it. We can grow our own and skip the use of chemicals (insecticides and the like) and have a more “natural” approach to smoking (or chewing or whatever). This same “natural” approach can be used when you decide to add something to your tobacco blend: some honey (maybe dissolved in rum or brandy) or licorice root, coffee, anise, lemon juice, whatever. I personally prefer to add to my shredded tobacco just a drop of honey dissolved in water and enjoy the different flavors of all the tobacco strains I grow (a air cured Virginia blended with 20% oriental, for example, is a lot different from a 80% oriental 20% burley blend.. and the possibilities are almost infinite!).
I would not use essential oil or (chemical) flavorants, use the real thing instead: licorice root, fresh ground coffee, lemon or orange zest, vanilla beans, juniper berries or whatever suits your taste, infuse in your preferred booze (vodka, slivovitz, rakija, bourbon etc) and add A FEW DROPS to a LITTLE AMOUNT of tobacco and taste the resulting blend.
Remember to add just a very small amount of casing: the ideal casing will make you think something along the lines of “I suspect there’s some vanilla/honey/coffee/rhubarb/what’s not in this blend… but I’m not sure” heavy casing can become nauseating very soon.

pier

ChinaVoodoo

Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion is in addition to what the others said, not in opposition. Some ingredients, like alcohol based vanilla extract can be used in large amounts, like 50g tobacco, to 20g extract. Or, 50g tobacco, 50g dark rum. To do this, you need to dry it out completely after blending, then bring it back up to 50g with distilled water in order to remove the alcohol. It is an error to assume the alcohol evaporates first.

Note: Using ingredients like this makes it easier to mix in a few drops of flavouring oils.