Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Yellow leaves - young plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

CigarNews

Need some advice please. My tobacco plants are roughly 2.5 months old and the leaves are yellowish. The are outside now in full sun. Any advice of what defiency I have in the soil that is causing this yellow color in a young plant? Thanks.

DonH

Need some advice please. My tobacco plants are roughly 2.5 months old and the leaves are yellowish. The are outside now in full sun. Any advice of what defiency I have in the soil that is causing this yellow color in a young plant? Thanks.
Try spraying them with a solution of gypsum salts in water. I forget the proportion something like one or two tablespoons per gallon.

Steve2md

Nitrogen and possibly magnesium. Water with Epsom salts in water, 1/2 the recommended dosage, fish based fert also at 1/2. If that is not the problem, those dosages won't hurt anything, and if it is, you'll see a difference in a few days.

Could also be from over/under watering, Temperature, etc. A little more info would help

CigarNews

All the leaves have a yellowish shade to them and the plant is too young, and leaves to small, to be mature. It is conn shade and havana 142 leaf. I was thinking it was magnesium, so spayed them with some epsom salt and water solution. We'll see what happens in a few days.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
good idea, on cutting back the water,

just remember the saying > '' tobacco dont like wet feet ''

i rarely water my baccy,,, but im consatntlly watering the veggie's.

just keep a eye on the weather,

a morning with a lot of dew, is proablly all the moisture that plant will need for that day<

Fisherman

Idea:

When posting question about a plant problem..... Send in a pic or 2 and a history of the plant and info like watering schedule.. fertilizer schedule to help us narrow down the cause...
I am the world's worst for seeing a problem and flying into the forum to ask for help...... Some problems can be quick developing and yes ,, the fellas here probably have seen it all and with adaquate info they can help pretty fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.