Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Yellow orinoco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boboro

I endedup With a yard full of this one and dont' rember why I planted it So if somebody that has grown this one before could give a little info.Id' appreciate it.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Various Orinoco varieties were the parental strains that eventually were developed into Virginia varieties as well as others.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
from what i read this is the original "virginia bright leaf" smoke it, chew it, pipe it. if this is one you wanna sell i'm buying, it's the one strain i havent tried that i really wanted to grow.

Boboro

This is green leaf picked nonthing done to it its my 2nd crop and about 20 plants but they look good. Ok. I got Johnlee Steave2md and chicken I DONT think I can do no more Ill' send 1out Steave and see if it get thir useble and we ill go from thir. you need to send a mail add.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
This is green leaf picked nonthing done to it its my 2nd crop and about 20 plants but they look good. Ok. I got Johnlee Steave2md and chicken I DONT think I can do no more Ill' send 1out Steave and see if it get thir useble and we ill go from thir. you need to send a mail add.
I only want a little to taste it. If other guys need it give it to them with my blessing.

John

SmokeStack

I planted 50 Yellow Orinoco plants this year. From what I have read, it is the sweetest variety out there and is well suited for pipe smoking. I planted late this season so it will be a while until it has fully air-cured. If anyone would like to sample some, let me know. I will begin my first priming within a week or two. The plants have grown over my head and the lower leaves are huge and snap right off the stalk - so I think they are ready.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
im thinking it's a flue-cure variety.

it will proablly be making it into my patch next year,

im gonna do a lot of flue types of baccy

Steve2md

It shipped perfectly. Nice and yellow, and that includes an overnight stay in a crazy hot AZ shipping warehouse. I'm gonna air cure it for a bit while I get a kiln together, then give it a bit of a cooking. I'll try it as cigarettes, cigars, and pipe. I quit chewing, but I may flavor a little bit and make a plug to try.

Boboro

They was quite a bit of green leaf in the box when I shiped it. It looked kind of football shaped in pic. 1 I gess from the box being thrown around. If they a'nt no hold or mildrw it was successful. good luck on finishing it up. keep us posted.

grgfinney

smokestack, i would like to try some of that, probably going to make a redneck kiln when i get home for my 509,309,vir gold and havana it would probably go good in that blend

SmokeStack

No problem Greg - I will send you some once it has cured. Michibaccy and I were thinking about getting together and sampling each others tobaccos. You're welcome to join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.