Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Any restrictions on shipping cigars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtravis

Webmost was kind enough to ship me a nice little box of sticks a while back (thanks again) but is there a specific way to go about it? And how about shipping internationally?

webmost

Webmost was kind enough to ship me a nice little box of sticks a while back (thanks again) but is there a specific way to go about it? And how about shipping internationally?

Stick them in a tight baggie with a water pillow (a scrap of damp leaf works as an alternative). Stick that in a post office two day priority box. Answer "no" when they ask if you are trying to blow the joint up. Pay the gal. Simple as that.

For international, they have forms for you to fill out at the post office.

Another real good way is to have stuff drop-shipped. I've done that frequently. You order from cigar.com and tell them ship to, for example, my address, stedda yours. (Hint: if you order more than $125, shipping is free. :) ) I had Don drop ship from WLT a couple times, too; most recently, to a guy I was meeting up with in North Carolina. That's easy street.

Nothing to it.

For Magic Boxes, I order those a hundred at a time from U-Line on-line. They each hold four sticks. Bag the sticks, include a bit of damp leaf, about three bucks for stamps now cause postage has gone up, drop it in the mail. No prob.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
For international USPS restrictions by country: http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ab_toc.htm Some countries permit entry of tobacco products, some do not.

Also for international shipments, fill out the simplified customs form candidly, indicating an unsolicited gift, and a suitable value. (Like speeding on the highway, you can get away with ignoring the laws some of the time. Like speeding on the highway, there is a finite probability of being caught.)

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.