Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Boboro's Grow log. [6 Years]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
You've eliminated the labor of carrying whole stalks (up to 10 pounds each) from the field to the shed. I carry 4 at a time, and make a lot of trips. Aching arms when I'm done.

Bob

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Shed full already? I'm impressed. I'm trying to restrain myself from harvesting too early this year, give more time to ripen and maybe get thicker/heavier leaf.
I do the same..I let them go as long as possible

Boboro

Got both sheds almost full. Im gonna fire the heaters soon. Se if I can color cure an steam dry faster.

bonehead

thats a nice haul. my ct. broad leaf is starting to bud now and it is the first tobacco to bud. my big gem should bud in the next week or two. this my best year ever if no disasters hit me.

Boboro

Got the heaters goin an its mid to high 90s out side 110 an 45Rh. This varys from day to nite. No dryin green.

Boboro

Got the heaters goin an its mid to high 90s out side 110 an 45Rh. In side. This varys from day to nite. No dryin green.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If it doesn't dry green, then you're a genius. If it dries green, then that's not so good. Good luck. 110ºF seems high for leaf that needs to remain alive while color-curing.

Bob

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I been doing the same..running my heater on low..day/night...keeping a steady temp of a wet 80 degrees... I say "wet" because I'm curing them in a spare bedroom...that I built a very nice..3 tier hanging rack in...

I'm in the process of going from dish..back to cable..so I don't have a home internet right now..and I can't post pics from my phone..

Been a good year.growing for me..just not a good year for keeping a updated grow blog...

But when I do update it..boy do I got a lot of pics.,

Your hanging brown leaf looks excellent.

Boboro

Ive kept a fire in the curin shed for a week now. My tempe go down to around 8o at nite with 8orh. To aroud 110 in the after noon with 50%rh. Every thing curein nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.