Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Farewell to a great friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse_01

Johnlee has passed away. I've been trying to reach him for the past couple of days to no avail. I sent emails, Pm's, and called his phone and left messages. Today his son Pm'd me back with this message.....

Hello, this is John's son Eric. It is with great sorrow that I tell you that father has passed on.

He wanted me to let the forum know and pass along how much pleasure this gave him.

John and i talked on a regular basis. Our phone calls usually lasted until my battery went dead. His help on the forum, and in everyday life are already missed.

squeezyjohn

Oh nuts!

A very valuable member of the team that I learnt a lot from (and due to the nature of forums will continue to do so!) It's heartbreaking but quite nice in a way to see the last few posts of the grow blog from him. Pride in a job well done is always inspiring!

May he rest in peace ... and my condolences to all of his family.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Can we have a location to send flowers by any chance? A very good man that deserves a good last hoorah.

darren1979

First Time Grower
That's a huge shock. He will be sadly missed. I'm going to get a jd and raise a toast to a good man.

bonehead

johnlee was the first person to ever pm me on this forum. he lived less than an hour south of me. i never met him in person but talked to him on the phone. he offered a lot of help and advise with plenty of humor mixed in. he even offered me his old kiln but i really didn't have the room in my garadge with all my sons toys. i wish i took it just so i could have met him in person and maybe have had a vodka or beer with him.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Truly a sad day. May he rest in peace.

If anyone wants to send me a link to their favorite JohnLee quote, I'll post them in a "In Memoriam" thread.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Farewell you crusty old curmudgeon. This merry band will miss your presence.
Rest in Peace, friend.

attachment.php

Boboro

A very sad thing to hear. I,ll really miss him on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

MsHomesmoke

I just heard the news about your death,John Lee.It makes me sad that I won't be able to talk to you anymore.But I'll always remember you.The last time we talked I gave you my recipe for red beans and rice and biscuits.I hope that you made them and enjoyed them. I found a quote that summed up my friendship with you. [
Everyone leaves footprints in your memory, but the ones that leave footprints in your heart are the ones you will truly remember. ~ Nicholas Sperling.] Goodbye,dear friend.Try not to give God a hard time about the rain.:(

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/losing-friends-quotes.html

Last edited:

jekylnz

He was always willing to help anyone out that needed it..I really appreciate all the advice..from smoke houses to everything tobacco. .John you will truly be missed...
Hope he's happy in the baccy feild in the sky..

DonH

This is really sad. I am very glad I got a chance to meet him last month. But we were both in a hurry and only had time for a quick drink and a few puffs on a cigar. We were making plans to meet up again when we would have more time to sit and "swap lies" as he put it, later this month when I am going to be driving to New Jersey for my job. He said he couldn't do it in September because he was having some surgery, but he didn't act like the surgery was going to be too big a deal, but at 80...

Maybe if there's going to be a service, I can go down and represent the forum.

workhorse_01

Please do. If you can. The surgery was for a hernia, The third he'd had. He seemed to have lost the zip in his step afterward.
This is really sad. I am very glad I got a chance to meet him last month. But we were both in a hurry and only had time for a quick drink and a few puffs on a cigar. We were making plans to meet up again when we would have more time to sit and "swap lies" as he put it, later this month when I am going to be driving to New Jersey for my job. He said he couldn't do it in September because he was having some surgery, but he didn't act like the surgery was going to be too big a deal, but at 80...

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I just learned of John's passing. Since I still have some of the leaf that he sent me, I guess I'll roll a cigar of it now, and ponder the loss.

jekylnz

Yeah it would be good if someone could go convey how much he meant.. and how much he was a part of us and the site..also how much he will be missed

Status
Not open for further replies.