Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Farewell to a great friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGBAMA

He will surely be missed. I sent him havannah seed for this years grow and he shared many useful insights which helped a lot as a first time grower. Nmet him but will remember him as a true gentleman.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I have talked to John on the phone several times along with numerous emails . He was a great friend and I am very glad to of known him .
I will miss talking to him and reading his comments on the forum . Sad Day it is .
I will light up a cigar he sent me in his honor .

leverhead

I'll miss his New England way of looking at life. For me he leaves behind smiles, good thoughts and more than a few laughs.

bryonlr

Never met or talked to Johnlee in person, my loss, but from reading his posts, you can tell he was one of the good guys. Condolences to his family. Thanks to this forum, he will never be forgotten, as his posts remain. RIP Johnlee.

rose

Gosh...this is sad. I didn't even know him but from all you all are saying I wish I had. He gave a nice welcome and encouragement for my organic preference, then posted some soil testing info and finally asked what we did with the animals that had outlived their stay. He showed interest in who I was and what I was about. Just looking at his picture/thanks Knuck/he radiates kindness. 80 is too young to go imho...and will be missed by all that knew him and ones who wished they could. Condolences to all here that loved him~

[FONT=&quot]Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bill Hicks
[/FONT]

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That was a nice sentiment rose, thank you. Our elders are this nation's true national treasure. We should honor them, respect them, and take the time to listen to what they have to say. Truly the greatest generation.

skychaser

I read this yesterday shortly after it was posted and have been trying to come up with something to say ever since. Been having a hard time seeing the keyboard. Must have gotten some tobacco juice in my eyes or something.

I only knew John for a year. I'm not a real chatty guy, but we had exchanged several messages and e-mails in that time. I wish it had been more. We made a trade or two and swapped a little leaf. He wanted to give me things I just didn't feel right in accepting. Maybe I should have. I can see from the posts here that he treated everyone that way. The news of his passing has left me with a very empty feeling, but I know my life was made richer in having known him. He was truly one of the good guys in this world.

Rest in peace Johnlee. I will miss you. You will not be forgotten.

Sky

ps Thanks for posting that picture Knucks

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Yeah thanks knucks for posting the picture. I think I might print it out and keep it. And Sky, I know what you mean about the tobacco juice...

madhouse

It’s a sad day when someone so well respected passes, sleep peacefully.

my condolences

Status
Not open for further replies.