Whole Leaf Tobacco

How to make strong tobacco more mild and smooth

Michael Zarnott

Making better cigarettes for less
Well...after tasting this batch using 4% citric acid casing today vs yesterday. It is terribly salty. Like eating salt from the shaker salty. I did more research and this does indeed happen Back to the drawing board. Malic acid arriving tomorrow. Lower concentrations and smaller batches are definitely in order.

burge

You don't need casing. Sweating the tobacco works leaving it in the bags work and hand pressing it. I had emailed Don on one tobacco 3 years ago it was horrible bitter and said let me wait a month to see left it pressed in the tub went back to it tasted much better. My heat source was the radiator but it on that got it heated up a bit and totally changed the flavor of the leaf and it was really good. I want the taste of real tobacco.

Zoogbomb

You don't need casing. Sweating the tobacco works leaving it in the bags work and hand pressing it. I had emailed Don on one tobacco 3 years ago it was horrible bitter and said let me wait a month to see left it pressed in the tub went back to it tasted much better. My heat source was the radiator but it on that got it heated up a bit and totally changed the flavor of the leaf and it was really good. I want the taste of real tobacco.
I will try that in the method in the future ...but have not had pleasure of being able to wait for months to smoke it yet. ;D
I do notice that it does taste much different after casing with WLT casing. I like the taste better after casing.
Sounds like you can cure many baccy ills with time and heat. The pressure part of sweating is a new one for me..but i have seen the pipe guys use extreme pressure for some of their product.

burge

Well order lots in the sale it doesn't go bad. The first order and I still will use my plastic cig tub and leave it in the car on a hot day when I go fishing or camping the tobacco tastes even better. Again take advantage of this sale as it is a once a year only. If you go over what you smoke no need to worry it will not go bad.