• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

Is there any way to mellow out shredded tobacco ?

burge

I have had Auld Kendal the Three Castles and if you have some red it accents the lemon as well. I am curious to what value brand you smoked. The only bag tobacco that is worth buying is D&R. I find when I get the sale its about 12 dollars a pound and I tend to get a full pound of tobacco or pretty close as WLT tends to give you a dry pound and compensates for stem loss. You are at WLT getting the good stuff that if you were to but is on the higher end.

burge, i'm assuming you're asking me - if so, basically all the value brands, Southern Steel. OHM etc that retailed in the $12 - $14 range. The lower end tobaccos all seemed to flavor their tobacco with something, either liquorce, chocolate, vanilla whatever flavoring, but it would seem to build up a reactive after taste that once it developed, didn't take long to return if you quit that particular brand tobacco for awhle

D&R i consider a mid-level tobacco with it's tobaccos priced in the $17-$20 range - i never had an aftertaste issue with any of the D&R tobaccos though