Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

new contender in the shredder market

larryccf

interesting, the ACC160, the cutting rollers are 6.25" long, but paul at tobaccoandmachines.com sez in broken english (pasted/copied from his email)
"Right now we changed our machines to more basic models - less expensive - but better cut quality . Standard steel instead of shiny , but much larger bearings , combs ,m rollers .

for example ace 160 - standard is 0.8 but I can make 1 mm with this one ."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inJVCkTOxsM

unfortunately the motor is 230V & 50Hz The "standard steel" reference instead of "shiny" and the fact he's feeding leaf with the stem still in it gives me some hope he's gone to a hardened steel, but note those leaves look to be 1st priming with not so stout stems

Last edited:

larryccf

should have said at current exchange rates that's about $600 (and probably your credit card company or paypal will add 5% to that for exchanging, plus i doubt UPS shiping will run less than $300, probably more.

If anyone is tempted, ask for a quote (without shipping) that is VAT free - as it's an export sale, no VAT will be due on it. Then ask for shipping costs. bought 4 sets of rollers from him, with combs and the first three ran $155-160 with UPS shipping, the last set ran just shy of $200 (UPS went crazy on their rates)

pottsS

The 50 Hz motor sucks, it wouldn't be worth while trying to make the motor work in north america, but I would think that he would send it cheaper without a motor and that the shipping without the motor would be less too. It does look like he chose the right gear box that will last a lifetime. It looks good, but the first ten pounds of shredding isn't going to pay for it!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Since Powermatic is now out of the shredder business, I'm having a prototype made that uses the same cutting mechanism as the S shredder, which means no rakes (or what many people mistakenly refer to as "combs"). The cutters are self-clearing, so there will be no more bent or contorted rakes to replace. The units will be wired for North American electrical specifications and will hopefully be available early next year. Right now, the price target is around $300 USD.

pottsS

Since Powermatic is now out of the shredder business, I'm having a prototype made that uses the same cutting mechanism as the S shredder, which means no rakes (or what many people mistakenly refer to as "combs"). The cutters are self-clearing, so there will be no more bent or contorted rakes to replace. The units will be wired for North American electrical specifications and will hopefully be available early next year. Right now, the price target is around $300 USD.
That really sounds like good news! Hopefully my paper shredder holds out until then and the Canadian dollar is par with the USD (it has happened before, it could happen again!).

larryccf

fwiw, Pawel at tobacco and machines emailed me that he would sell me one of the ACE160 shredders without a motor or reduction gearbox, and price was pretty reasonable with it including shipping. Odd thing is his website's description now describes the rollers as "The rollers are made of a special low grade steel" - not sure if he meant to say that, his english from his web and from his emails is a little "off".

He did indicate that the desired turning speed at the connection to the rollers is 100 to 110 rpm. Again, fwiw

larryccf

if you're really interested in mfgring your own, you might want to acquire one of the shredders i posted about at https://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/new-contender-in-the-shredder-market.12130/ to study - the quality is there, and if you could identify who the mfgr is andsecure an exclusive on some units with 120mm rollers (which would require a slight upgrade in motor) you'd have a winner.

just a suggestion

burge

That would be good. I have wholesale accounts that I might try something but it has to be Mechanical even if a handle that your crank. Mach shredder type that cuts small 1mm that style I can get a machine for 99 dollars if I buy a 100.

burge

That would be 100 times as good!

Bob
I know eh. Just got an order in from Big Boner would be nice to have something that would do more than one leaf at a time. As an idea if a company allows drop shipping sent from the source. That could work. Company gets the units the WLT gets the sale.