Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

recieved my FOX-FARM fertilizer today..good nutes indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
with the arrival of this long waited fertilizer today,,,, let the leaf development begin,,

i know we all have our specialty fertilizer's.

i like fox-farm,, it's 100% organic,,,,and the '' grow-big'' blend is for lush vegatative growth,,, which is what baccy is,,,

a leaf plant, not a fruit plant,,,

it also has some trace minerals in it,, the N.P.K. is 6-4-4

nitrogen6.0%
phosphate 4.0%
magnesium .60%
boron .02%
copper .05%
iron .10%
zinc .05%

2-3 teaspoons per gallon, and i got a quart of it,:)

..i plan on using all thru the garden,,,but the baccy patch is going to love it,:cool:

///
333001.jpg

By chickenhawk434 at 2012-05-08

Tom_in_TN

Hey, sounds like a winner. A foliar feed to give the leaves an extra boost and it's organic!!! That's something I could get interested in using on my 'little' plants (but they are doing a lot better now that the sun is shining and temps are warmer).

Tom_in_TN

Looking EXCELLENT!!!! Your plants are up and growing great. Good job!!!

With the recent rain we've had it has delayed my planting. Just needed one more day of drying out a bit and yesterday we got another 1/2" and more. My dirt drains well so may just have to go and plug 'em in with the soil a bit wetter than I like.

Rayshields

Tom,
We have been having the same issue with rain in North Central Missouri. It rained 7 out of 8 days...never more than an inch at a time, but the soil, was super wet even though most has a bunch of old cow manure in it. I got 31 Smyrna No 9 from BigBonner delivered by the mailman Monday, so I planted them and 80 of my own plants...mudded them in...My schedule is really jacking with me this week or I would have my other 400 plants in by Friday...it isn't supposed to rain for a few days...I assumed that when you retired, you got to do as you please...if you are foolish enough to volunteer in a small community, you are gonna be overbooked.

I don't know a lot about growing tobacco yet, but I suggest that you put some of them in the ground even if it is too wet.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
My problem is that it's been cloudy almost everyday for over a week and I can't set my plants out in the sun to slowly acclimate them! I wanted to plant them LAST week not NEXT week.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Randy,
I think it's Tom_in_TN's fault. He keeps sending me day after day of rain or drizzle. I have no choice but to forward it on toward Maryland. Sorry.

Bob

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
Fox farm is good stuff, although "Grow Big" is technically not Organic. "Big Bloom" is the organic one. "Tiger Bloom" might also be organic, but I do not remember off the top of my head.

Tom_in_TN

OK, 'global warming' is returning and the last of the wet system moved out about 1 pm today. Full sun broke out by 5 pm. We should get a couple days of drying out weather now. Some of these puppies are gonna get planted real soon cause the roots are busting out. Even with the cloud cover the past few days I had them in the open as much as possible and they are getting some extra sun rays and growing. They are starting to grow so well they need to get in the dirt. That should really make them take off. I'll break out the row cover and cover them if the sky clears up and the sun gets too intense. The Orientals are lagging behind a bit due to their late start but they are growing with the warmer weather and still need a little more time in the seed trays. Ours aren't goin to catch up to Chicken's baccy but we can all make a crop this year.

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
OK, 'global warming' is returning and the last of the wet system moved out about 1 pm today. Full sun broke out by 5 pm. We should get a couple days of drying out weather now. Some of these puppies are gonna get planted real soon cause the roots are busting out. Even with the cloud cover the past few days I had them in the open as much as possible and they are getting some extra sun rays and growing. They are starting to grow so well they need to get in the dirt. That should really make them take off. I'll break out the row cover and cover them if the sky clears up and the sun gets too intense. The Orientals are lagging behind a bit due to their late start but they are growing with the warmer weather and still need a little more time in the seed trays. Ours aren't goin to catch up to Chicken's baccy but we can all make a crop this year.

Mine are starting to get there too. I was cleaning out my Chameleon cage the other night and of course had a packet of "White Flower" seeds that FMgrowit sent me sitting there next to it. I accidentally knocked his water dripper onto the packet(lid popped off and all)- they all got wet. Looks like I will be growing more "white flower" than I had initially planned...

SmokeStack

Chicken, I am new this year to growing tobacco and I cannot believe how big your plants are at this point in time (from your photos). I'm in Michigan and my plants are only little seedlings and in trays - we are still in the frost danger zone. Anyway, I have noticed that you have a wood stake for each plant and I am curious as to why you have placed them there. Is it to support the plant as it grows taller (to keep them from falling over)?

BarG

Founding Member
Yea he's makin alot of us jealous;). More power to him., hes doing great this year. Just remember though that when you get your plants in ground with as much effort as chicken put , yours can look like that to. You are way up there smokestack. If they can grow in canada you can grow where your at. Good luck and good weather. I got a much needed spring shower today and more in the forecast, my ground should be right for plantin my delayed crop of baccy when ready.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Chicken, I am new this year to growing tobacco and I cannot believe how big your plants are at this point in time (from your photos). I'm in Michigan and my plants are only little seedlings and in trays - we are still in the frost danger zone. Anyway, I have noticed that you have a wood stake for each plant and I am curious as to why you have placed them there. Is it to support the plant as it grows taller (to keep them from falling over)?

my initial intent was for support,,,,'' if they need it'' but i been moving the stakes around so i can use them to mark what strain of plant is in that row,

Status
Not open for further replies.