Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

RednekF350 2024 Grow Blog

Rednekf350

My wife and I had a rough late 2023 and so far, 2024 isn't going much better for us. I have an older sister with dementia and my wife and I are her only immediate family. We started caring for her in late September 2023 and she is now in nursing care but has still not adjusted well.

Our time for ourselves was limited and my so-so 2023 harvest is still hanging in the garage. I was able to get some Kelly Burley going in late March this year and the picture below is from tonight. Great germination but slow growth. The seeds were laid on Miracle Gro Seed Starter Mix.

I really want to dabble with some grow lights because the sunny window sill just isn't cutting it but I am more interested in finding a decent potting soil when I start transferring to cells this year. Since I started growing, I have used Miracle Grow potting soil, and although it worked, it just looks like too much junk in it. I swear that ground up pallets is the number 1 ingredient.

Any recommendations on potting soils would be greatly appreciated.

It's good to be back!

Attachments

• IMG_5453.JPG
    IMG_5453.JPG
    326 KB · Views: 5

WillQuantrill

After reading much on this forum I settled on a mix that's 1/3 portions of Perlite, Vermiculite and Peat Moss. @wruk53 talks extensively about his special mix and it works! If you dont feel like making your own... I use this which is pretty close. Seed Starter Natural Potting Soil Mix for Germination and Growth (Made in USA) (4 Dry Quarts) https://a.co/d/irDIH0z

billy

soil i like to use anything peat and perlite based then add some real compost to it. cause its good at making sure a wide array of nutrients arent zero.

lights you could buy a pack of cheap Led shop lights from amazon. if your gonna use a light say the next 10 years its worth the extra cost of a proper light for power bill efficiency. like a 100 watt grow light in the ~70 dollar range over 3 1020 trays, boxed in with either white or shiny walls works very well, nothing will get leggy at all.