Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Pipe or Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today? [pics]

Damanadaplaya

It’s New Year’s Eve and I’m enjoying Makers Mark 46 (one cube) with some Plum Pudding. BUT, don’t judge me, I blended the Plum Pudding with Capt Black original. The plum pudding, at least this tin, can never commit to a good burn; I’m constantly lighting it and I’m a problem solver. Happy new year let’s get 2020 behind us!

Hayden

I have smoked the full virginia blend in my great new vauen pipe which was basically my own christmas present :)

I also tried the full virginia flake again now that i think of myself as a better pipe smoker than as i started (i think that i slowly develope my taste plate for tobacco) and i have to say that i really get an creamy green tea like taste if i smoke the blend.
The sweetnes is present but i get it more if i relight the pipe rather than while i smoke.
But as i m a great fan of green tea i really like the taste of it.
People say that it will age fanatastic but i'm in doubt that it will survive that long :(

Attachments

Levi Gross

Unfortunately, I can not obtain any Samuel Gawith anywhere. It’s always out of stock. I like trying some of the commercial blends just to see if I like them and then try to replicate them. Most of my blending experiments end up in a bowl all mixed together and I end up with a tobacco goulash that is either palatable or unpalatable. Refining my taste has always been a challenge. I always resort back to a Va. Per. Base blend that I am happy with and then add from there.

Hayden

Unfortunately, I can not obtain any Samuel Gawith anywhere. It’s always out of stock. I like trying some of the commercial blends just to see if I like them and then try to replicate them. Most of my blending experiments end up in a bowl all mixed together and I end up with a tobacco goulash that is either palatable or unpalatable. Refining my taste has always been a challenge. I always resort back to a Va. Per. Base blend that I am happy with and then add from there.
I sometimes watch the youtube channel "stuff and things" and he also mentioned that it is a pain to get a tin of this tobacco.
It surprise me a lot that they dont export more to the states because they have a very good reputation and would sell their stuff quiet quickly i guess.

I have to admit that i haven't had any vaper yet. Anything to recommend ?
I also have to buy bobs recommendating he gave me in this thread a few pages before.

Levi Gross

I sometimes watch the youtube channel "stuff and things" and he also mentioned that it is a pain to get a tin of this tobacco.
It surprise me a lot that they dont export more to the states because they have a very good reputation and would sell their stuff quiet quickly i guess.

I have to admit that i haven't had any vaper yet. Anything to recommend ?
I also have to buy bobs recommendating he gave me in this thread a few pages before.
I would recommend this if the Options available to you. Get a pound of “ WLT” Dons Virginia and a pound of his Perique and experiment with it. To me this is a little piece of heaven.

Hayden

I would recommend this if the Options available to you. Get a pound of “ WLT” Dons Virginia and a pound of his Perique and experiment with it. To me this is a little piece of heaven.
To be honest i played with the idea to order some leaf. But i would have to order at least a few things because i the shipping will be less per item if i buy for over 80 dollar shipping ( which is like 4 or 5 different leaf varieties). But after that you are much cheaper than if you buy the same weight in commercial blends.

The one thing which is holding me back (beside the money aspect as an student :D)
is that i dont know if i have to talk to the duty authority. I have read online that some guys which ordered leaf by an german/european side (which sells only virginia and burley and which doesn't look as good as the stuff from WLT) had to pay 22 euro per kilo in additon, as they had recived an letter from the authorities demanding it.

I mean even with 22 euro per kilo i would be cheaper than buying the same amount commercially (if i buy enough to cut shipping) but yeah i dont know the right procedur to importing such things.

Maybe the admins can help me. If WLT is exporting to germany then their must be a way.