Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Chinese Tobacco Whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.

springheal

Todd (jekylnz) has my details, so I should receive the package in a day or 3. No postal service here on Sunday so it maybe Monday at best!?!

I have Markw's details already so the package will be on it's way to the UK asap next week.

The biggest hurdle has been overcome so it should be straight forward from here on--Cross fingers!

jekylnz

The package is now on the move again down to springheal in whanganui..in the lower nrth is. Of n.z before its final home stretch journey back to madhouse Bill in the UK ..thanks to everyone involved ..for all their input to make it get all the way down here at the bottom of the world. .cant wait to do it over the next time around. .

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I cant wait to see the card LOL.

I've been saving envelopes from the seed swaps. There's some gorgeous stamps from around the world. I may have to start a stamp collection now. lol Or maybe a framed mosaic of all the stamps. That would be cool.

DGBAMA

I've been saving envelopes from the seed swaps. There's some gorgeous stamps from around the world. I may have to start a stamp collection now. lol Or maybe a framed mosaic of all the stamps. That would be cool.

A poster sized world map, framed and backed with corkboard..........pin your postmarks on it where they came from. Then maybe use green pushpins to mark where you have sent baccy stuff to.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I got the world poster out of the National Geographic for the dot to dot so every one here can keep up with the fun. It has the time zones on it.
So where do You folks think it is at this time?

madhouse

Well folks the package is on its way again and hopefully not long now before it makes its long way back to the UK and Markw not long after that and the comp will be put up for some lucky person to win the entire contents of the whispers package,
I hope every one has had some fun with this one and hopefully this little thread will be remembered here on FTT for some time to come all the best and good luck folks.

Update:

Final Chinese Tobacco Whispers chain

Position in chainmembers name / tagworld locationnumber of seed strains in package when sentdate sent
chain start sendmadhouseUK Kent2030 Nov 13
1Mad OsheaUSA New Mexico206 Dec 13
2grgfinneyUSA Michigan20 11 Dec 13
3FALaholicUSA Florida2017 Dec 13
4DGBAMAUSA Alabama2027 Dec 13
5Brown ThumbUSA Pennsylvania2428 Dec 13
The speed of seed sweepstake
last chance to guess
Hasse SWESweden2712 Jan 14
7BenBrandSouth Africa Vaalwater2723 Jan 14
8jekylnzNew Zealand Nth Is2914 Feb 14
9springhealNew Zealand Wanganui??
10MarkwUK SE London?
chain end returnmadhouseUK Kent?x

:DIt's on it's way home:D

Full house:cool:, well that’s it folks its just down to time and luck now, oh and of course the support and diligence of the members involved, I would just like to thank everyone and lets hope the package gets home, it would be some achievement, please remember to post when you send the seed and how many strains are in there, Not there names, all the best and keep posting to keep the thread active:D .

Bill:)

attachment.php

springheal

Package received safely today from jekylnz (Wednesday 19th) and is now on it's way to Markw in the UK (3.30pm Wednesday 19th NZ time).

Still way over 20 varieties in the package:)

Markw

Yes it is good news. This package has made an epic journey, and maybe for the first time ever within our small dedicated tobacco growing community.

Last edited:

jekylnz

It's all down hill from here. .the riskiest bit all the way down here accomplished. .looks like it's going to make it back home without any major issues. ..yahooo

Phil (springheal) said there's now 30 varieties in there! ! Well done to everyone involved

madhouse

Well folks the package is on its way again and hopefully not long now before it makes its long way back to the UK and Markw not long after that and the comp will be put up for some lucky person to win the entire contents of the whispers package,
I hope every one has had some fun with this one and hopefully this little thread will be remembered here on FTT for some time to come all the best and good luck folks.

Update:

Final Chinese Tobacco Whispers chain

Position in chainmembers name / tagworld locationnumber of seed strains in package when sentdate sent
chain start sendmadhouseUK Kent2030 Nov 13
1Mad OsheaUSA New Mexico206 Dec 13
2grgfinneyUSA Michigan20 11 Dec 13
3FALaholicUSA Florida2017 Dec 13
4DGBAMAUSA Alabama2027 Dec 13
5Brown ThumbUSA Pennsylvania2428 Dec 13
The speed of seed sweepstake
last chance to guess
Hasse SWESweden2712 Jan 14
7BenBrandSouth Africa Vaalwater2723 Jan 14
8jekylnzNew Zealand Nth Is2914 Feb 14
9springhealNew Zealand Wanganui2919 Feb 14
10MarkwUK SE London??
chain end returnmadhouseUK Kent?x

:DIt's on it's way home:D

Full house:cool:, well that’s it folks its just down to time and luck now, oh and of course the support and diligence of the members involved, I would just like to thank everyone and lets hope the package gets home, it would be some achievement, please remember to post when you send the seed and how many strains are in there, Not there names, all the best and keep posting to keep the thread active:D .

Bill:)

attachment.php

well folks the Whispers package is off again on another long haul around the world from the capable hands of springheal back to its home turf and Markw, fingers crossed i think this is the last true hurdle.

Bill

springheal

The outer package is bubble wrapped and fully sealed from the elements meaning it is waterproofed and ALL the inner contents is in a seal locked bag so the contents is water tight.

I'm thinking of you poor sods over there with all the wet weather. Better to have it now than during the growing season though.

FALaholic

The outer package is bubble wrapped and fully sealed from the elements meaning it is waterproofed and ALL the inner contents is in a seal locked bag so the contents is water tight.

So what you're saying is if it goes down in the Pacific, you're volunteering to get a little wet?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.