Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Chinese Tobacco Whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhouse

The US Postal Service lists the import restrictions into most countries: http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ab_toc.htm Just click on the desired country into which you will be mailing the seed. Bookmark this link.

I have always filled out customs labels tersely, though honestly. For seed, I indicate:

"Clean seed in transparent packaging Nicotiana spp."

So far, it has encountered no problems in international mailings to countries throughout the world.

Bob

Thanks Bod for the info this link is a keeper helps a great deal :).

Bill

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I think the travel everywhere in the mail is more for the seeds than most ever went.LOL I never had a problem with letter size mail any where. Just box's. I printed the map and posted it on the door so every one here can see where it has been so far. They like the game.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
The package is on its way to South Africa, the package contains 27 variations. 2 varieties may, however, be the same but with different names. More, I don't want to say now, but ask for the competition final

madhouse

Well folk's the Chinese Tobacco Whispers package is on its way again Hasse has posted it with 27 packs in side, I wonder if there is still any packs in there that I put in, don’t tell me, its traveled more miles now than I can care to imagine, I hope adding too many packs wont draw attention to it on its long journey home, anyway its off again, the finger crossing and nail biting starts again good luck folks.

Update:

Final Chinese Tobacco Whispers chain

Position in chainmembers name / tagworld locationnumber of seed strains in package when sentdate sent
chain start sendmadhouseUK Kent2030 Nov 13
1Mad OsheaUSA New Mexico206 Dec 13
2grgfinneyUSA Michigan2011 Dec 13
3FALaholicUSA Florida2017 Dec 13
4DGBAMAUSA Alabama2027 Dec 13
5Brown ThumbUSA Pennsylvania2428 Dec 13
The speed of seed sweepstake
last chance to guess
Hasse SWESweden2712 Jan 14
7BenBrandSouth Africa Vaalwater??
8jekylnzNew Zealand Nth Is??
9springhealNew Zealand Wanganui??
10MarkwUK SE London??
chain end returnmadhouseUK Kent?x

:DIt's on it's way home:D

Full house:cool:, well that’s it folks its just down to time and luck now, oh and of course the support and diligence of the members involved, I would just like to thank everyone and lets hope the package gets home, it would be some achievement, please remember to post when you send the seed and how many strains are in there, Not there names, all the best and keep posting to keep the thread active:D .

Bill:)

map.jpg

madhouse

Nice one Ben i will update the thread when you send them on, all the best.

Bill

jekylnz

Ben has informed me that the seeds are on their final and biggest" out of the way "journey down here to n.z...so wish them luck boys..na everything will be fine. .I'll post again when the multi variety eagle has landed;)

Nikfits

This is pretty cool. If circumstances are well for me the next time this goes around. I wouldn't mind taking part.

Ben Brand, the picture gave me an idea. That would be a neat hanging picture (the contents - stamps, along with a copy of the map showing where the package traveled to, etc.).
Something sort of like this (but with glass).

DSC01129-WM.jpg

Maybe an idea for another time could be everyone putting in a "dry leaf" (if they have it) along with the used stamp. Postcards, etc. I just thought this was a very unique idea by Madhouse. It'd be cool to see it happen every year as a tradition. This year Chinese Tobacco Whispers round one...
Or maybe I'm just thinking too much...

I tried to decrease the size of this picture, but couldn't figure it out. So I hope it isn't overwhelming.

madhouse

Thanks for the positive input Nikfits some nice ideas there, well Whisper fans we are off again and the package is on is way to NZ, Ben has informed me there is still 27 packs inside and hopefully the Whispers package will get to jekylnz in due course with no hold ups, lets hope NZ lets this one pass in and out with no problems, the package has two stops here and then its on its way back to the UK to Markw and then home, at which point if we get that far fingers crossed, i will set up the comp and some one will win the contents, once again many thanks to everyone taking part and to everyone that popped there head in the door to take a peek at its progress.
P.S don't forget The Speed Of Seed sweepstake will be worked out by Markw after the package returns home, thanks to Markw.

Update:

Final Chinese Tobacco Whispers chain

Position in chainmembers name / tagworld locationnumber of seed strains in package when sentdate sent
chain start sendmadhouseUK Kent2030 Nov 13
1Mad OsheaUSA New Mexico206 Dec 13
2grgfinneyUSA Michigan2011 Dec 13
3FALaholic USA Florida2017 Dec 13
4DGBAMAUSA Alabama2027 Dec 13
5Brown ThumbUSA Pennsylvania2428 Dec 13
The speed of seed sweepstake
last chance to guess
Hasse SWESweden2712 Jan 14
7BenBrandSouth Africa Vaalwater2723 Jan 14
8jekylnzNew Zealand Nth Is??
9springhealNew Zealand Wanganui??
10MarkwUK SE London??
chain end returnmadhouseUK Kent?x

:DIt's on it's way home:D

Full house:cool:, well that’s it folks its just down to time and luck now, oh and of course the support and diligence of the members involved, I would just like to thank everyone and lets hope the package gets home, it would be some achievement, please remember to post when you send the seed and how many strains are in there, Not there names, all the best and keep posting to keep the thread active:D .

Bill:)

attachment.php

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
From South Africa, do you suppose it flies over Madagascar and Australia, or does it fly over South America? Mind boggling.

Bob

istanbulin

Founding Member
If it flies over Madagascar to Australia, it takes less time (real time) according to higher relative velocity. But on the other hand, it takes more (local time) because of flying West to East. I guess flying over Madagascar may be cheaper and they use this route.

Markw

If you look on an airlines route map they show it going over Madagascar, but who knows if it will turn left of right after take-off !!
Maybe I should have said port or starboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.