Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Leverhead's 2013 T Patches; SE Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Re: Leverhead's 2013 T Patches

Leaverhead, In your post about your fertilizer formula, does "1.1 Gr" mean grams or grains?
JBD

leverhead

Leaverhead, In your post about your fertilizer formula, does "1.1 Gr" mean grams or grains?
JBD

Grains! Its a tiny amount per gallon. If you google "grams to grains", you should see, 1 gram = 15.4323584 grains and some charts and calculators.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member

i really like your seed starting trays,, bigger holes are better,

i '' aqquired'' some professional floating trays but i believe the holes may be too small. or i could just be a fan of bigger is better,?

but i got 5 trays of '' bigger'' holes so im good,

and on the topic of '' fertilizer'' lol... i bet you guys are envious of my profession,

and leverhead, if you want a '' specific'' type of fertilizer, maybe a lb. or more, just let me know, i can mail you a '' perfect blended mix'' or something '' straight;; be it pure ammonium nitrate, or pure '' bulldog potash''

or a 3-8-24- mix they sell just for bacca. allthough i havent delivred any of that, it mainly goes to georgia, and i only have florida tags [ i cant run legally in georgia ]

p.m. me, ammonium nitrate isnt something you discuss openly,

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member

Grains! Its a tiny amount per gallon. If you google "grams to grains", you should see, 1 gram = 15.4323584 grains and some charts and calculators.

Just making sure. A lot of people often use the wrong abbreviation. I figured you did not but just wanted to make sure.

leverhead

I don't blame you, it would be a shame to kill them with Boron when you're just trying to stay away from urea.

leverhead

T Patches 1 and 2 have combined. T Patch 3 becomes T Patch 2, just a small raised bed at the house. Here's T Patch 1 Rev B.

Tobacco Patch 2013 REV B.jpg

The first 19 rows are for Turkish/Orientals planted on traditional spacing, about 950 plants. Row 1 A and B are for Shirazi planted the same as the Southern Beauty. Rows 2 through 9 are for the Southern Beauty to feed the flue-cure fridge.

I got tired of chasing down leaking bottom trays and it was time for everything to go outside anyway, so I made a big bottom tray.

Bottom Tray.JPG

BarG

Founding Member

What is the spacing on those orientals and how will you be able to tend them that close together? I'm planting about 400 orientals my self.

leverhead

What is the spacing on those orientals and how will you be able to tend them that close together? I'm planting about 400 orientals my self.

I spaced them by the table here, http://fairtradetobacco.com/showthread.php?1799-FAQ-about-Turkish-tobaccos/page3

Turkish By Plant and Row spacing, I assigned a letter to each row in the table top to bottom.

Smyrna, 9 A
Izmir Ozbas A
Basma B
Kavala B
Yenidje B
Xanthi Yaka 18a B
Bafra C
Bursa C
Ottoman C
Samsun, Black Sea C
Samsun, Canic C
Samsun, Maden C
Samsun, 15 C
Tasova C
Tabzon C
Bitlis D
Yayladag D
Adiyaman D
Shirazi E

Hungarian

20 Haskowo D
21 Herzegovina Lecce MI 411 D

I'm going to do a Kennedy (cross that bridge when I come to it) on the tending.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member

Impressive collection of Oriental varieties. Maybe Emre can make you an honorary Turkish citizen?

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member

I'm going to try the traditional growing and curing method this year to compare with some planted "American style" If I understand correctly, you don't top them so there's no suckers. No fertilizer and no irrigation. Basically, plant them inches apart and leave them to nature. If hornworms really like them, then I've got a problem.

istanbulin

Founding Member

I'm going to try the traditional growing and curing method this year to compare with some planted "American style" If I understand correctly, you don't top them so there's no suckers. No fertilizer and no irrigation. Basically, plant them inches apart and leave them to nature. If hornworms really like them, then I've got a problem.

Wallace they may give some side and ground suckers so you may get rid them for better leaves.

istanbulin

Founding Member

Thanks! I'll stay a Texan. At Least some of the list is there because of you. Emre does want some seed.

Actually it's not so easy to get an honorary Turkish citizen. You're just growing some tobacco, huh ! LOL :D Anyway there's a good list of Turkish tobaccos there, I wish you a happy and succesful growing !

indianjoe

Founding Member

Knuckes,
you better worry bout them hornworms, a few days and you will not have a crop. Get you some BT now to be ready, they are comming.

leverhead

Actually it's not so easy to get an honorary Turkish citizen. You're just growing some tobacco, huh ! LOL :D Anyway there's a good list of Turkish tobaccos there, I wish you a happy and succesful growing !

Thank you Emre! When are you starting your grow blog?

Knucklehead

Founding Member

You'll still get suckers.... lots and lots of them, just not as many as a topped plant.

So how the heck do you tend them with traditional spacing? Plant two rows with the spacing by the chart, skip 3 feet and then go two more traditionally spaced rows?

leverhead

I've been working on my callouses. Beautiful day, about 84 F and a nice breeze.

T Patch 1.jpg

Now I've got to wait for the Southern Beauty to catch up.

SB 2013.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.