Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Leverhead's T Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

leverhead

Maybe 1/4" south of Conroe and a trace in Cypress. With tomorrows load I'll have 1000 gal ready to go down, that should do for a while. I don't think the deer liked it but they do like to walk in it.

Rayshields

I saw a sign recently the said:
WARNING

BAITING DEER
IS ILLEGAL
THIS CORN IS INTENDED
FOR SQUIRRELS, CHIPMUNKS,
AND OTHER SUCH ANIMALS.

ANY DEER CAUGHT EATING
THIS CORN WILL BE SHOT!

Last edited:

leverhead

The best sign I can remember was in front of an old junk yard in the town I grew up in. "Anybody found here at night will be found here in the morning"

johnlee1933

Founding Member
You guys will think I am going soft on you but my favorite sign was outside a kennel.

Puppies for Sale -
The Only Love Money Can buy

John

Grundle

My favorite was when I saw a port-a-potty that was conspicuously placed right in front of a sign that said "No Dumping"

Steve2md

I saw a sign that said "no posting bills " that someone had pasted a photo of bill Murray and bill Cosby to...

leverhead

Another one for the pros. I have a few plants or should I call them runts, that are deformed.

060912 R1P9.JPG

There's no problem with nearby plants and they're spread out randomly in the patch. Should I pull them or leave them?

BarG

Founding Member
The growing season is here and the plot thickens.

(We hope and pray)

John
LOL, Somebodys in a good mood. That houston gumbo softened up a bit after that rain , Its been running circles around me but my soil is still holding good moisture. My first transplants are actualy starting to look like tobacco . The bursa is taking off.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
leverhead,
My first impression is that the plant in the photo is infected with tobacco mosaic virus (TMV). I can't really tell for sure. The problem with TMV, as with other tobacco viruses, is that whenever you handle an infected plant, you can then transmit the virus to healthy tobacco plants, as well as to tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and eggplants.

If you leave them in place, then I would suggest that you tend to them only after taking care of all your other plants, then promptly wash your hands and sterilize any tools that contacted them. If the number of affected plants is insignificant, compared to the overall size of your planting, then you may want to remove them.

Again, I'm not really certain of the cause, but TMV is a prime suspect.

Bob

BarG

Founding Member
I am totaly oblivious to plant diseases, but am curious as to if the whole plant is infected or just the affected portions of the plant.? Whether or not that is the case with leverheads afore mentioned plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.