Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your Sticks!! 2023-2024

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20240415_7357_cigar_CTShade_MondayMorning_700.jpg

Breakfast with wild mustard.

Although I've previously posted this nutrition label, it's worth recalling its values—zero salt; zero cholesterol; definitely free-range and sustainable.

CigarNutritionLabel.jpg

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I'll spare you another photo. At the moment, I'm smoking a bar of cigar candy. The filler is mostly my 5-year-old, home-grown, mid-leaf Corojo 99, bound in 6-year-old, home-grown, maduro Swarr-Hibshman, and wrapped in WLT CT Shade. Nothing dark or daunting here. It reveals a surprisingly broad flavor profile in a medium-strength cigar. The Swarr-Hibshman (a Pennsylvania seedleaf variety) provides the base notes, while adding a bit of sweetness.

Being patient with home-grown leaf works magic.

Bob

FrostD

I'll spare you another photo. At the moment, I'm smoking a bar of cigar candy. The filler is mostly my 5-year-old, home-grown, mid-leaf Corojo 99, bound in 6-year-old, home-grown, maduro Swarr-Hibshman, and wrapped in WLT CT Shade. Nothing dark or daunting here. It reveals a surprisingly broad flavor profile in a medium-strength cigar. The Swarr-Hibshman (a Pennsylvania seedleaf variety) provides the base notes, while adding a bit of sweetness.

Being patient with home-grown leaf works magic.

Bob
Sounds like a tasty stick for sure! I need to get some more different varieties grown to play around with their different profiles to blend with! That Swarr-Hibshmann sounds like an interesting one.

manfisher

It varies. Some I have to continually puff on to keep lit and some smoke great. I had some tobacco that got really wet in the kiln and turned very dark. It actually seems to smoke the best with good taste and tons of smoke. This was a learning year. Hope to get better with experience growing, curing, aging and of course rolling. These first attempts were mostly with scrap short filler.
Sorry for the late reply but if you'd like to practice your rolling in the off season or while your plants reach maturity in the ground, I'd recommend buying a bunch of whole leaf tobacco in bulk and practicing. That is what I am doing this season even though I don't have any cigar leaf growing currently. Might try and make a Virginia and Burley cigar

WillQuantrill

Sorry for the late reply but if you'd like to practice your rolling in the off season or while your plants reach maturity in the ground, I'd recommend buying a bunch of whole leaf tobacco in bulk and practicing. That is what I am doing this season even though I don't have any cigar leaf growing currently. Might try and make a Virginia and Burley cigar
This is how I'm learning because the value of my homegrown leaf is much higher to me than even the upper priced leaf at WLT when it comes to screw ups.