Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

South Island NZ growing 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

springheal

I am surprised seeds get mashed as they are so tiny and strong? Postal people don't give a hoot anyway.

springheal

Yeh, I hadn't thought about that. Makes sense. Envelopes get the roller treatment.

Seanz

Good call there Boboro I should do that more often Think i have some filter tips floating around here been ages since I rolled anything other than cigars But sure I could find something

Seanz

Nice to have you back. Good reading for winter. All the best in new season.
Cheers Rainmax hows your neck of the world going these days?

Yeah sounds like a good plan bob..maybe some of you guys with more knowledge would be able to pin down weather its a Burley or what
That would be good
I like it as a nice easygoing smoke Holds a casing well,

Jack in NB

Founding Member
Sean - I meant to ask if you had any problem with the NB11 roots.

Growing upside down as they are "down under", did you find any of them headed skyward? ;)

Knucklehead

Founding Member

Growing upside down as they are "down under", did you find any of them headed skyward? ;)

This is embarrassing because I'm not "down under", but I planted a few seed upside down this year and had to dig the plants up and turn them over. I might should have waited until harvest time, cause there wasn't a single horn worm or aphid on a single plant. I may leave some like that next year and see what it does for my pest problem.

Southern Planter

Growing upside down as they are "down under",

LOL. Reminds me of the time we tried to walk a gazillion ton track layer crane across a city street at night without a permit. The crane fell gizzard deep into the gigantic hole it made in the middle of the street. The next morning as we stood there with our tails between our legs, the city inspector, who had a sense of humor, said "Well, some Chinaman woke up this morning with an island in the middle of his rice paddy."

Seanz

Sigh... Jack dont give up your day job to hit the comedy clubs mate ;)
Being cereal I had no issues with them what so ever Stayed up in our westerlies handled the rain everything nature could throw at them. Im just bringing some into case now and then are going to have a crack at replicating lanes IQ. Man that's som nice candy tobacco, not much of a aro fan but i do like this stuff(so do the ladies;)).

Seanz

Alrighty then, got some seeds germinating today, An unknown seed that i forgot to label but I am thinking samsun, Perique, nb11 and some pa red, also some habenero, and cayanne chill, dwarf toms, Turned over a patch for my veges and sussed out some buckets for the baccy. Tomorrow after work its the brassicas, corn carrots and beans turn along with some virginia.

workhorse_01

I'm envious of your springtime. I have winter ahead of me and after the wash (literally nonstop rain) of a spring and summer we had, I'd like to be starting the spring over again. I wish we got a mulligan for spring and summer!

Seanz

A bit of an update. So far all that has shown its head is the PA red. I'm wondering if my nb seed was immature. Though the heads were brown on the plant, so hoping its just my temps down here. but its strange that its been nearly twenty day and bugger all has happened. On the plus I'm smoking some of my oriental in my pipe as I type, And are really enjoying it Has a sorta cigar flavour to it And something else, quite pleased. right off to work have a good day people.

springheal

Yeh, it;s a real shame the germination rate is so poor and at 20 days!

Still the same with me regarding the NB11 seed. No movement to speak of.

Off to painting I go!

jekylnz

A bit of an update. So far all that has shown its head is the PA red. I'm wondering if my nb seed was immature. Though the heads were brown on the plant, so hoping its just my temps down here. but its strange that its been nearly twenty day and bugger all has happened. On the plus I'm smoking some of my oriental in my pipe as I type, And are really enjoying it Has a sorta cigar flavour to it And something else, quite pleased. right off to work have a good day people.
Sean I did notice a real low germ. Rate with nb11..about two out of 50 came up.. 1% rate!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.