Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Kind of Blade do you use for Stalk Harvesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leverhead

Hey JBD, did you take those away from an angry mob? I think the French used those tools to bring the royalty under proper control.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Hey JBD, did you take those away from an angry mob? I think the French used those tools to bring the royalty under proper control.

I actually bought them from an Amish guy. They are in pretty good shape considering the Amish never get rid of anything unless it is completely worn out and cannot be cobbled back together. Later this week I plan to make a few. I've been doing a lot of metal fabricating lately, putting together a couple of diesel engines and generators heads. I have all my equipment out so I might as well cut a few blades, temper, harden and mount to a handle.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
I have a blade like that that works VERY well. If anyone is interested, I'm looking at an affordable way to make these, PM me if interested

DGBAMA

1006011_FIS78606935J_A_400.jpg
I was looking at one of these.

DonH

I use a branch trimmer. Works real well. The only problem is I need a blade for cutting halfway through the bottom of the stalk to be able to hang it with string.

DGBAMA

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Limb loppers is the way to go.

Probably the safest way to go in a crowded patch. You're probably going to have to stoop down to get under the lower leaves no matter what tool you use. I can see limb loppers working very well.

limb loppers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.