Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Workhorse's 2013 bacca patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I told y'all horse manure was the way to go. I got a Metacomet leaf that measures 32" x 19" & a YTB leaf that is 38" x 19". Them boys are getting up there. 16 min. until GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pray it's all about the U
I saw your post about the horse manure, but I just figured you were full of s#@t. lol Half time, Florida State leads by seven. I'm pulling for your Hurricanes to make a come back.

Brown Thumb

Double Wow Batman. I told you not to use horse crap. See what happens.
Do you live by a nuc plant.

workhorse_01

My son just covered the veggie garden with a 1" layer of manure . Now Im gonna turn it in and grow trees for vegetables next spring.

AmaxB

Can't resist this - we all know about Clidesdale horses they are big and a hell of a workhorse. Gonna get one to crap on my garden next year - what a pile! Should get some healthy plants though....

Brown Thumb

You just need something to balance out the grass unless it is really composted good.

AmaxB

Can't resist this - we all know about Clidesdale horses they are big and a hell of a workhorse. Gonna get one to crap on my garden next year - what a pile! Should get some healthy plants though....

Hey workhorse, I was just cutting up a bit and hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way. If you did I apologize....

jekylnz

Workhorse do you have any issues with stuff growing from the seed and grain inthe house shite? I heard some make a acqius brew solution out of it and just water it down to use to prevent all sorts growing. ..or is it not that bad...I was planning on going to get some from up the road otherwise

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Workhorse do you have any issues with stuff growing from the seed and grain inthe house shite? I heard some make a acqius brew solution out of it and just water it down to use to prevent all sorts growing. ..or is it not that bad...I was planning on going to get some from up the road otherwise

I think it has to be composted for about a year. Going through the composting heat kills the seed.

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
Horse crap was the number one additive to my garden this year, all 25,000lbs of it. I layed down 3" of a mixture of raw and partly composted manure and covered it with another 3" of well composted manure. there were red wormes inther that continued breaking down the manure and ate the dying grass it covered. all this goodness is going to be tilled under this year and the rich humis soil should make for an excellent year. I am going to add some cow manure this fall after I till it up the first time to let it soak in and break down.

workhorse_01

The only thing I had this year was mushrooms. I did have the normal grass which, after I cleaned out didn't come back. Horses are fed more feed than cows. My horses eat feed and hay. They don't let the grass grow in the yard long enough to seed out. I did let mine finish off the peas, beans, and grass from the veggie garden, but I haven't seen any beans growing from the piles. And I was hoping for another veggie garden too! haha

It would probably burn(your plants) to fresh to aye
You don't put it on the plants just the ground.

Hey workhorse, I was just cutting up a bit and hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way. If you did I apologize....
No problem! I take as graciously as I give. LOL

workhorse_01

I would caution you to cut it in the winter before. The fresh manure spikes the nitrogen and the plants don't yellow up on time. I had to let mine kind of grow out the nitrogen. I think if Bob or Larry would have been here when I cropped they both would have said "Let it go another three weeks", and we all know how right they are. I think we'll all agree that if I didn't get my crop in now it would be a total loss. On another note I talked to Chicken yesterday. Still no internet but he's working the night shift hauling produce, and he's doing alright.

jekylnz

The only thing I had this year was mushrooms. I did have the normal grass which, after I cleaned out didn't come back. Horses are fed more feed than cows. My horses eat feed and hay. They don't let the grass grow in the yard long enough to seed out. I did let mine finish off the peas, beans, and grass from the veggie garden, but I haven't seen any beans growing from the piles. L

I mentioned to a mate of mine that I wanted to get some house manure from a place that sells it up the road.(.and I'm not sure what they feed them). ..he was the one that said alot of the time..well over here..the horses are fed a heap of maze. barley..wheat grains etc..that will grow if you use it too fresh...my dirt was more depleted than I previously thought..I need a quicker fix

jekylnz

It would smell to heaven Todd but if ya could get some garbage fish... don't know if your close to the water.

Ive got some store bought stuff that smells abit fish based..and guano..but I used all that I may just get more of that
Been using worm juice on my starts amd it seems to be working good. .apparently its a insecticide for aphids etc..but doesn't stop slugs.snails.

Status
Not open for further replies.