Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cavendish questions

Tobaccofieldsforever

Very Cherry is made by Lane Ltd.

I suspect that we can adapt to--and enjoy--just about any tobacco blend out there. The greatest challenge comes when we switch to something else, then switch back. Decades ago, I smoked--and enjoyed--Amphora, Sir Walter Raleigh, Carter Hall, Borkum Riff, Half and Half, Mixture 79, Paladin Black Cherry, Prince Albert, and just about every other "drug store blend" available back then. I've smoked pounds of Captain Black (Gold as well as Original). I still hold some Super-Value Chocolate, which I smoke about once a year, for nostalgia.

As the years have passed, I have become less interested in cased and top-dressed tobaccos, and more fascinated with the spectrum of tobacco itself.

Bob
Yea, as far as the whole sweetening cavendish or tobacco thing is concerned, I'm more interested in seeing what I can create or if I can, in my opinion, surpass commercially sold blends. Not necessarily because I like them so much that I must find out how they are made but I feel like it gives me some insight into blending, casing and various properties of some tobacco varieties. It's also personally enjoyable for me to be able to say "Oh, Captain Black Cherry Cavendish, yeah I can easily make that at home." Or any other popular commercial blend. Similar to growing a tobacco variety that you have never smoked, there is a thrill in seeing what you may produce.

ChinaVoodoo

Yea, as far as the whole sweetening cavendish or tobacco thing is concerned, I'm more interested in seeing what I can create or if I can, in my opinion, surpass commercially sold blends. Not necessarily because I like them so much that I must find out how they are made but I feel like it gives me some insight into blending, casing and various properties of some tobacco varieties. It's also personally enjoyable for me to be able to say "Oh, Captain Black Cherry Cavendish, yeah I can easily make that at home." Or any other popular commercial blend. Similar to growing a tobacco variety that you have never smoked, there is a thrill in seeing what you may produce.
I totally agree.

skychaser

Very Cherry is made by Lane Ltd.

Lane Limited: Very Cherry Product Number: 005-006-0026 16oz: $34.86 (in WA State 16oz =$87.25 with sales tax added)

"NOTE: Due to regulations administered in Maine, Utah, South Dakota, and Washington, we unfortunately can't ship any pipe tobacco or cigars to those states;"

And that is the reason I started growing my own in the first place. Regulations and insane state taxes!

Jbg

If you don't mind me asking, what brand of cherry cavendish do you buy? I've been told to try captain black's but have not yet. I have seen big bags of value brand in smoke shops but they honestly just don't sound good to me.
I have 3 Smokers pride blends, black cavendish ( bought for blending component, some say it's exactly the same as Lane BCA), whiskey ( actually pretty good) and cherry cavendish ( HOLY SHIT!!! Didnt know you could get cherry this strong! For blending only!)
Smokers pride is bottom shelf Lane Ltd.

JudeDalton

Hello there, guys. I've never tried Cavendish tobacco, so I'm here for your advice on what to begin with. I'm really excited, so any suggestions are welcome. I have a friend who works at https://uk.neafs.com/, so I should also ask him for a suggestion. I think we should strive to try everything in our life. Btw, could you describe what smell and taste cavendish tobacco has? I understand it may be complicated to describe, so is it sweet or bitter? I'm really, really curious about it. Waiting for your suggestions, guys. Thanks a lot in advance!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. I would suggest starting out by reading the Cavendish topics in our Index of Key Forum Threads, linked in the menu bar.

could you describe what smell and taste cavendish tobacco has?
Nope. The character of a Cavendish processed tobacco depends on the variety of tobacco used (e.g. burley vs. Maryland vs. flue-cured), the stalk level from which the leaf was primed, the prior aging/fermentation of the leaf, how wet the leaf was during the cooking process, and the duration of cooking. It also changes over weeks to months following the processing.

Bob

EDIT: You can consider Cavendish as a kinder and gentler version of whatever leaf you begin with.

Alpine

It will, but the changes are very subtle. Maryland tobacco l, taste wise, can be considered a (very) light tasting burley. The most prominent quality of Marylands (and likely the reason why they’re added to many commercial blends) is their ability to easily adsorb various casings. This, paired with light flavor and slightly basic smoke (Marylands are always air cured) make this class of tobacco one of the most versatile of all: cigarettes, pipe blends, snus, dip and chew can all benefit (or cannot be ruined) by adding some MD, cased, “cavendished” (???), or “as is”

pier