Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar Molds. I have what you're looking for and some you didn't know you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waikikigun

can we see the numbers on the other side of the oval mold?
9808 50x7.75 101-201
i21xbsG.jpg

tullius

Stopped by WLT today to buy 5lbs of leaf and get my first mold. Every one I looked at from 42 to 80 rg. was brand new and real nice, and there's a TON of them. They do have a box where they're culling the few that have some kind of defect, it was marked "waikiki".. :)

All joking aside, this is a great deal.

IMG_20191011_173126488.jpgIMG_20191011_173219137.jpgIMG_20191011_173317408.jpg

waikikigun

Stopped by WLT today to buy 5lbs of leaf and get my first mold. Every one I looked at from 42 to 80 rg. was brand new and real nice, and there's a TON of them. They do have a box where they're culling the few that have some kind of defect, it was marked "waikiki".. :)

All joking aside, this is a great deal.

View attachment 28719View attachment 28720View attachment 28721
Nice and round, and it's got the same tattoo as my girlfriend.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
@waikikigun I'm almost positive there are more 50 x 7.75. I'll check them for roundness and send you the roundest one I have. If they aren't as round as I think they should be, would a 7.5 or 7.25 work?

I honestly never thought to check any of the molds for roundness. Some things in life should just be able to be assumed.

waikikigun

@waikikigun I'm almost positive there are more 50 x 7.75. I'll check them for roundness and send you the roundest one I have. If they aren't as round as I think they should be, would a 7.5 or 7.25 work?

I honestly never thought to check any of the molds for roundness. Some things in life should just be able to be assumed.
Yeah, the roundest 50 you have at 7+ would be much appreciated, thanks. I agree, I've always assumed parejo molds would be round.

waikikigun

and first one in my new mold!
As Hopduro said to me when I stopped keeping track of my blends, "I don't even know you anymore." :ROFLMAO:

And please let me know if you ever want any blend suggestions for WLT stuff. I'm pretty familiar with most of their cigar tobacco offerings.

Jim D

I'm definitely going to have to focus on consistent bunching for a while. I've grown used to controlling the tightness with paper but that allows the diameter to change as you go. This will take some practice but I'm totally looking forward to it.

I would love to hear about some of your blends. I'm always eager to learn!

tullius

And please let me know if you ever want any blend suggestions for WLT stuff.
I'll second jim on that: WLT cigar blend suggestions would be a great new thread. Picked up some nic condega viso today and saw you rated it highly.

waikikigun

I'll second jim on that: WLT cigar blend suggestions would be a great new thread. Picked up some nic condega viso today and saw you rated it highly.
You clever bastard. Yes, that is one of the best retail fillers ever. 2 leaves of that is a great start.

waikikigun

Okay. I hate to give away this secret info, because good leaf can get scarce, but we go way back, right? So here it is: "Traditional" Corojo, all primings, is the best thing WLT's got. It's like the Cuban way: one plant, but one really good plant. You can use all three primings to awesome results, and IMHO better than any results that incorporate other varieties, e.g. Criollo. BUT you must bind with Nicaraguan Habano (Condega) seco.

There ya go!

Jim D

Okay. I hate to give away this secret info, because good leaf can get scarce, but we go way back, right? So here it is: "Traditional" Corojo, all primings, is the best thing WLT's got. It's like the Cuban way: one plant, but one really good plant. You can use all three primings to awesome results, and IMHO better than any results that incorporate other varieties, e.g. Criollo. BUT you must bind with Nicaraguan Habano (Condega) seco.

There ya go!

I do enjoy the famous Marshmallow blend recipe by a certain hooligan. It is a combo of corojo seco, Nicaraguan habano seco, corojo viso, and Dominican ligero, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.