Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Robncars 2024 Thread

Robncars

I decided to cut back the amounts I tried to start. I haven't been successful at raising more than a few plants every year- at least compared to what I start out with. My transplant kill rate seems outrageous and I'm thinking if I reduce my starts to 3 1020 trays I'll be able to harden them off better. I still struggle with available time in moving them in and out. I have a large greenhouse but I don't have automatic ventilation yet and I know it gets hot in there- even at 20⁰F it was 80⁰F+ inside there when the sun was out.
I did 32 each of Small Stalk Black Mammoth and Baiano.
Then only 8 each of-
American 63

Dang forgot. But same 6 as last year.
I got some good leaf last year after I got hailed out.
Picture is Baiano almost 2 months old now

Attachments

• 18efafb2-074d-4547-9dce-a4afd6eff884.jpg
    18efafb2-074d-4547-9dce-a4afd6eff884.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 7

Robncars

I have an attic fan with temp controller that I'm planning to use. It's just a stretch to run power out there and I'm thinking of the baffles.
Side note I'm also not fond of paying retail for everything so I'll sit on a project waiting to find cheap materials to build with.

However that does look pretty good.

Robncars

LOL been there, done that! They are nosey little creatures. Probably thought you made him a new litter box.
Didn't use it for a litter box but made sure to step on half of them. Rotten cat. Not as bad as my kids cat. I have a potted orange tree and a dwarf Grapefruit and his cat decided to dig in those pots to move the trees and lay down. (Only about 8" tall) I was so mad