Whole Leaf Tobacco

What Pipe or Pipe Tobacco Did You Smoke Today? [pics]

GreenDragon

Received a few estate pipes in the mail from a buddy who scored a few lots on eBay. As I supply him with cigars and pipe tobacco, he decided to share a few pipes with me. I think it’s a good system LOL.

This one is a good smoker. It’s stamped Orleans with a scripted name I can’t read. Christened with Gentle on my Mine (substituted the PA Red with Little Dutch). I think the LD makes it a more subtle blend. Easy smoke.
3294DAD4-E5C2-4DB2-B683-E6FC56987FB3.jpeg

This is a hand carved Erik Northing. First light with Contrarian. I like this blend, but I’ll need to up the perique a tad to banish a slight tongue bite. Love the flavor though. I also think I’ll switch out a 1/3 of the Basma with my homemade smoked Basma (Latakia lite).
6F9233AB-C271-43A7-BBF5-8659B50B0AC0.jpeg

Thanks to Bob for the blends.

Sid.Stavros

Greetings from Athens-Greece, although the Hygienist Commi(e)sion has a drone and two agents watching the neighbourhood the Greek pipe smoker manage to escape from the ringer passing the message to the other pipe smokers around the World:
RESISTANCE !

DTm Vanilla Honeydew.

Sid.Stavros

The Battle of Jangsari (2019) a War film based on real events:
During the Korean War, a group of 772 student soldiers led by a guerrilla task force commander is tasked with staging a diversionary mission at Jangsari Beach in South Korea, in order to deceive the North Korean forces into thinking the opposition forces would launch a decisive invasion there. In doing so, they would be able to pave the way for the Incheon Landing Operation. Meanwhile, an American reporter and war correspondent covers the Korean War and tries to get help from the international community as the soldiers struggle to accomplish their mission due to a lack of proper training, weapons, and adequate food and supplies.
The mission was to attack Jangsari Beach, and cut off the North Korean Army’s supply chain but it's a suicide mission because the beach was full or wires-mines and bunkers with machine guns.Those teenagers with less than two weeks military training (NO Marine style exercises), tossed into combat without suitable equipment, sufficient provisions or ammunition not even a serial number to identify them!

Decades later one of the survived students stands in the same beach and shouting the names of his dead friends.

I am smoking Briar Patch Country Pleasure, double Greek coffee beside me.

ChinaVoodoo

I destemmed all of my Bursa which i grew in 2015. Yeah.. I know. Just killing time, really. I never liked this stuff, and haven't tried it in two years. Holy smokes! What an improvement.

Good old clay pipe.
DSC_0047~2.JPG

DSC_0048~2.JPG

I'm pretty used to driving manual transmission. Some of the most difficult I experienced was with a fully loaded truck in Seattle. Bursa was definitely on the list with its narrow, curvy, rain covered, cobblestone hills.

I got sick in Bursa when I was there. It might have been the Iskander kabob. Could have been the two Toscanos i had with the traditional, olives, and cheese breakfast. Perhaps it was from getting exfoliated and bathing at a hamam. It might have even been the mountain water that the maison we stayed at was using. My wife was fine. We will never know.

Last edited:

Sid.Stavros

Sonora - The Devil's Highway (2018)
Arizona Borders 1931, the USA is gripped by a crisis caused by the Great Depression in 1929.The US government orders mass deportations of Mexicans and closes the border. Nationalism spreads to Mexico and in Sonora it leads to the expulsion of the Chinese who had arrived during the Porfiriato.

I am smoking Orlik Club Mixture, a glass of Johnnie Walker beside me.

Sid.Stavros

This dog listens to the name "Lakis" and had to see his elderly boss for about two months, after being treated with a serious health problem. This morning, however, as the body was being transported by hearse, the dog jumped into the hearse and refused to get off.

When they arrived at the church of St. Charalambos, the dog tried to enter the temple, but was not allowed to leave, and throughout the procession he sat outside the door of the temple.
He then followed his boss to the village cemetery and after the burial was over he refused to leave.

View: https://youtu.be/5EK6QJyK94E

I am smoking Cornell and Diehl Autumn Evening, single Greek coffee beside me.

Sid.Stavros

Skandinavik Sungold and later a vanilla croissant.

PS: the gloves on the above photos and in previous posts are not for fun, are in real life (plus a face mask,a signed paper in my pocket with my ID handy) and keep in mind that there is a danger of 150 euro (163 US dollars) ticket if the Police caught me to do this.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Boy, I sure do need to tidy up my basement (at least occasionally). I found a Deluxestogie stash of pipe blends gifted to me four or five? years ago. Currently smoking one of Bob’s home blends called Jewel of Macedonia in my homemade pipe. The blend contains Va. flue cured red, Perique, Prilep, and Latakia. It’s heavenly. Thank you kindly, sir.

Attachments