Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Workhorse's 2013 bacca patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse_01

It will fix it quick. My son added it right down the middle of each row, and after about four weeks here comes the boom. mushrooms will grow but if you stay on it the few grass shoots are nothing to deal with. The nice thing is it's not salt based.
I mentioned to a mate of mine that I wanted to get some house manure from a place that sells it up the road.(.and I'm not sure what they feed them). ..he was the one that said alot of the time..well over here..the horses are fed a heap of maze. barley..wheat grains etc..that will grow if you use it too fresh...my dirt was more depleted than I previously thought..I need a quicker fix

Boboro

Ol' Doc Boboro sez.A ce gar a cheap beer or 3 and a few pills. for 3or 4 days an youll be ready for next years garden in no time. In yo mine.

DGBAMA

Well i'm up and I aint sway backed any more.

Good to see you back and kickin'. Take things easy at first, but if you just listen to your body, your recovery time will be shorter than the DRs project. Don't overdo and don't be lazy.

workhorse_01

this is gonna take a lot longer than I was thinking. They told me they basically broke my back by taking out the two disc's then replaced them, drilled a hole in my right hip, liquefied that and filled the spacers with it. They said that there was a lot of severely compressed nerves, and they aren't sure how much permanent nerve damage there will be. I've had no fall's yet, and I walked for 20 min. this morning.

workhorse_01

I still have seven varieties to finish cropping, that puts me a lot behind. Those types are the plants in front of the house, that were grown in the shade of the pine trees. I'm hopping that this will give me some protection from the frost that they say is on the way. Everything but the big gem in the back yard patch is cropped. I still haven't harvested the seed yet but with the bags on them and the duration below 34*F I should be ok.

workhorse_01

I have five rows left in the front yard patch, and quite a few Havana's left in pots. Only two potted plants were frosted on. The back yard patch refuses to surrender to the winter as each type has started new suckers from the bottom. I'll letthem grow as long as I can and see what I get.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it was real cool in AUGUSTA today,,,,

and cool here in florida,,,the past couple of days,

we may have a early winter,

good to hear your patch is still growing and doing good,

mine long time ago has been picked and cured, but i started super early also,

workhorse_01

I still have 5 varieties to crop. The 18' x 30' space over my boat is filled up, my curing chamber is waiting to be emptied, and refilled, life is good.

workhorse_01

27*F outside tonight, they say. Ms.ladythouroghbred and workhorsejr helped me cut whole stalk, the rest of the patch. Jr made 5 trips to the barn with the big wagon.:D It sure is a sad thing to look at now. Just a bunch of stumps. I have a lot to strip and hang in the curing chamber and a lot hanging in the air cure barn. All in all a great year and a great harvest. I can't wait until next year, to get started all over again. I have secured the 5 acre lot and will have a 1/4 acre shade plot here at the house. I will be growing Metacomet, Big Gem, & Bafra again next year, and I plan to add about 6 more varieties plus the grow outs.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Congratulations on the successful harvest. It was a hell of a year with the rain but you stuck with it in spite of all the set backs. You earned every ounce.

workhorse_01

Everything is hanging and seed cleaning is well underway. I have three plants in pots, in the house, that have bagged seed heads that are almost mature. Thank GOD there is a tremendous amount of seed to clean, catalog, and germ. test. It works out pretty good for me right now, all the work inside. Soon I'll be posting in the seed swap part of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.