Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostD

Well, no sticks in the picture but I made some quick press molds to try. Theses are first edition and I know how to make them better. I just wanted to see how well it would work.
Nice Job! What kind of wood did you use? Does the type of wood matter?

FrostD

My first few attempts at rolling. Some were placed in a mold. Others were “left out” or wrapped up in brown paper used for mailing items. I also had a buddy make a mold out of old barn wood he had laying around. Not sure if certain types of wood are better for a mold myself. Pretty nice “man cave” piece nonetheless. Since of the custom mold is about 5 3/4 x 55.

Attachments

Biglizard1

Nice Job! What kind of wood did you use? Does the type of wood matter?
I used some 2x4 fir for the robusto. It was literally to try it and learn. Seemed good enough. But not the first choice. The petit corona are from some mahogany i have. It will be kept for duration. I imagine it is the closest to the real thing, if you don't count the one I made as real one?

FrostD

I used some 2x4 fir for the robusto. It was literally to try it and learn. Seemed good enough. But not the first choice. The petit corona are from some mahogany i have. It will be kept for duration. I imagine it is the closest to the real thing, if you don't count the one I made as real one?
They look great! Interested to hear how they work out!

Biglizard1

I rolled two of the petit corona, and it made a nice dense bunch and easy to wrap, I will improve as the feel of the bunch is correct for the press dimension. I had a little bit too much on the mold, not too much but enough I will try and be closer.

The robusto, I bunched and pressed a single, it was a better fit, but that has been my target size for consistency since the beginning last week.
I am excited and I think they will work fine. I might use a flame to take any of the resins off the surface of the fir. I have yet to decide my intention. Or just wait for my second edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.